• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone collect German Solingen knives?

When I was a kid in the '70's my father would take me to the local hardware store in Daytona. In this store was a large display case filled with these stag handled Bowie knives. I would always beg him to buy me one, his answer was always the same "when you're an grown up" anyway 40+ years later I figured I was finally a grown up enough to have myself one. Started picking these up when I come across them. I was just wondering if anyone else collects them what y'all think?
Someone broke my window out and stole several items. One was a Hubertus springer. I paid over 200 for it in the early 2000's

I just cant make myself so far pay for a new one if you can find one. They are still made but seems as though they are always sold out. I do still have my shotgun puller. The stag on these is amazing.

Shouldn't that be 'the Porsche of German knives' ?
Afterall, Rolls Royce made in Britain last I heard.
O' course that may be dated info, may be China made now.

I've got a few Solingen made pocket knives.
One is a Shapleigh Stockman commissioned
by that Taylor fella ( bought Schrade name rights
at bankrupcy in 2004 then moved production to Chiner.)
The Shapleigh has buffalo horn scales, a bowtie shield,
and a punch blade. Top shelf quality.

Shouldn't that be 'the Porsche of German knives' ?
Afterall, Rolls Royce made in Britain last I heard.
O' course that may be dated info, may be China made now.

I've got a few Solingen made pocket knives.
One is a Shapleigh Stockman commissioned
by that Taylor fella ( bought Schrade name rights
at bankrupcy in 2004 then moved production to Chiner.)
The Shapleigh has buffalo horn scales, a bowtie shield,
and a punch blade. Top shelf quality.

When I was a kid in the '70's my father would take me to the local hardware store in Daytona. In this store was a large display case filled with these stag handled Bowie knives. I would always beg him to buy me one, his answer was always the same "when you're an grown up" anyway 40+ years later I figured I was finally a grown up enough to have myself one. Started picking these up when I come across them. I was just wondering if anyone else collects them what y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom