• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone deal with bees (wasp)?

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
I think I have a wasp infestation in my wall/attic. Its a space above my living room that I cannot access from my attic. There is a vent on the side of the house they are flying into and when I'm sitting inside I can hear them scratching or something. The noise is coming from where the vent would on the inside of the house. I only hear it here, and there aren't any signs of rodent activity so Im ruling that out. I have been noticing a large amount of wasp around my house and see them coming and going from this vent.

I have a friend that does pest control, but not sure if he handles bees. Any advice or recommendations are appreciated!

had the issue with yellow jackets in my wall last year. called terminix. short of tearing out the siding, they put some powder in the entrance and tehn put a couple of those sticky boards over the entrance and over a 3 week period caught hundreds! Took a while nut no issue after a while. Think the price was about $200.00 Take care of it as quickly as possible, it will only get worse after the weather warms.

I might have to call them. I heard the noise a few days ago, but nothing since then and I wasn't sure what I was hearing. Im almost positive thats what I'm hearingnow after watching for a few days.

I don't have that big of a problem at my house, but whenever I see them nesting I spray brake cleaner on them and their nest.

They don't like it too much, so they end up leaving.

The stubborn ones get the brake cleaner/lighter treatment...same thing for spiders and any other unwanted critters.

Ive been killing them as I see them. I use UltraKill from Lowes. Drops em dead. I had some in the storage unit on the property and attacked them from the doorway. Dead before they could make the exit.

Back
Top Bottom