Anyone do any crypto mining?

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Is anything worth mining on a small scale currently? Seems like dropping hardware prices would make it a good time to get a small rig of some sort, just not sure of what I would mine.

Block chain technology is interesting. Currencies like bitcoin and others like it are not. At least to me anyway.

Edit.....

Here is an interesting talk on it. Posted a Levine video in another thread on global warming. Not getting all my info/opinion from this guy and his show just so happens 2 back to back topics were succinctly addressed by his interviews.

Is anything worth mining on a small scale currently? Seems like dropping hardware prices would make it a good time to get a small rig of some sort, just not sure of what I would mine.

Man it has hit the skids.. like down 80% YTD.. There appears to be some manipulation in the crypto markets that have not helped the slide...

Not sure I would jump in with both feet...

yup i'd say that ship has sailed with cryptos still loosing value left and right, would seem better to buy with the hopes that they turn around again one day. mining just isnt worth it with the initial investment and then the power bills, we were never able to keep up with Chinese miners due to their free electricity. Plus cost of cards is still wwwaaaayyy too high and their value is constantly dropping as more and more move out of mining so in a year or two you may not be able to get even close to the value you had in them back out. but with now only gamers buying video cards again and most of them not being able/willing to drop 600+ on a new card the prices are going to nose dive soon.

Back
Top Bottom