• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone doing the Arco?

I’m a RMR/SRO kind of guy myself. I like the concept of the enclosed emitter. If you’ve ever had to shoot your open emitter (RMR, SRO, Holosun, etc.) in the rain or after getting it wet, you’ll understand the problem. Pick a dot, any dot...
I respectfully will disagree here.

I shot a low light class in South Georgia this past December and it poured rain... Monsoon like for hours on end. The rain was a non-factor.. except for gripping the gun. (you guys that don't have stippled guns are messing up.. I assure you!)

Most dudes here aren't "operators" carrying in OWB duty gear. Youre IWB with your dot gun and it's shielded from the elements by your shirt

If you're OWB in duty gear... Sure maybe your sight picture isn't ideal for your first shot, but once the slide reciprocates once, all the water is shaken from the screen. But guess what... The back glass of the acro can be covered with droplets obscuring the view all the same.

So while a shielded emitter can be helpful in rain, an open emitter does NOT render your optic useless.

Back
Top Bottom