• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone done a high gloss cerakote?

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of small items done in black with a high gloss clear coat that looked pretty good. My question is has anyone seen that kind of thing in person?

IMG_0382.JPG

Adding more catalyst will give it a higher gloss but probably not that real deep gloss like it looks like you're wanting. Cerakote does make a clear but I've yet to experiment with it.

This thread had me curious how glossy you could get Cerakote without Clear. So today at the shop I took some H-Series Gloss Black and mixed it with the catalyst 12:1 (the highest recommend ratio). Turned out pretty cool, but definitely not that deep look you're only gonna get with a clear coat.
IMG_20170502_192408224.jpg

This thread had me curious how glossy you could get Cerakote without Clear. So today at the shop I took some H-Series Gloss Black and mixed it with the catalyst 12:1 (the highest recommend ratio). Turned out pretty cool, but definitely not that deep look you're only gonna get with a clear coat.
View attachment 1158221
That looks really good.

View attachment 1158221
Ok. That's pretty awesome. I'll have some custom tools on my next go around.

Back
Top Bottom