• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Else Addicted To Jeeps?

1E577064-4C7E-4E31-860B-9399D099F533.jpeg

Never had one. I sold Jeeps at Marietta Jeep/Eagle when the Dome was still open. Gill Hodges was the owner. That man had more money than God. That was back when the new Grand Cherokee Limited in Hunter Green was the status symbol in Buckhead. I must have sold 200 of those Jeep Wranglers. We use to run a sale on the base model. It was a stripped down 4 cyl., manual trans., soft top, no carpet or rear seats and no power steering. Now get this! That Jeep on sale was $9,999.00.. Can you believe that? If that wasn't the crazy enough every now and then when I first started they would run one stock number for $8,999.00.. The salesman would attempt to hide that stock number (Jeep Wrangler ) in the vast back lot of Marietta Dodge, Marietta Jeep property. Devious bastards.
We sold a couple of 6 cylinder models to Atlanta Hawks players and Braves customers. They would spend $22,000 on a brand new Rubicon and then put $10-15,000 on dressing the Jeep up. You could buy one of those if you negotiated fiercely for around 19,000 and change. I saw several of them drive off in 30-40 thousand dollar Wranglers. Unreal! They sure did look good though.

Back
Top Bottom