• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else been getting "ghosted" a lot lately ??

I don't understand why a simple PM of I'm out or I changed my mind is so hard to do. I had a trade to what I thought was in the bag but he went silent. He's even relisted his gun so I know he's still alive.

I've only been completely stood-up on a deal here, one time. It was the only negative feedback I ever left. The guy (weeks) later tried to float some provably false reasons by me, got called on them, never replied, and instead tried to leave ME a bad feedback !! I reported it to the mods, explaining what actually happened and asking them to check the series of PM's I had with the guy (which I wisely hadn't deleted).
The mod agreed and zapped his neg feedback as being "retaliatory".

I've reached out to a couple of new guys but won't answer a PM. Should there be a probation period new guys go thru to learn some manners?
Agreed. I recently picked up a modded WASR from a local guy (also an ODTer), who got the rifle from another ODTer. I messaged the original owner with a couple basic questions about it, like round count, whether he used loc-tite on certain screws, yadda,yadda. The guy never replied at all, even after a 2nd attempt (and I could see that he has been active on the forum since then).
I guess some people are just jerks.

BTW, since this thread seems to be rolling along, I'll give a quick update.
Two of the guys I'[ve been trying to close a deal with, finally came through. Both are ODTe-rs, though I was contacted through Armslist ads.
One is a real good guy I've done several good deals with, lives right up the road from me, and can be legitimately jammed up with work and family stuff, but he finally came through today on the little ammo trade we had going.
The other guy (also a good guy, that I've also crossed paths with before, though neither of us can recall exactly what it was), also finally stopped waffling, and we met up and closed the deal late yesterday, which was a pretty nice assorted ammo sale.
But that still leaves the 2-3 jerk-offs that ghosted me here on the ODT !!!!! :mmph:.............................:becky:

Back
Top Bottom