• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else doing some trail maintenance?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
So I had two giant white oaks domino one another directly across three major deer trail last year and two more red oaks up on my favorite knoll.
I finally decided to break out the power saw and open the paths back up for them to enjoy while also using the branch piles in strategic locations to help usher them in front of my favorite spots.
Also getting some killer firewood out of it but getting them up the hill has been a daunting task .
Too steep to drag logs without equipment.
I hauled a bunch with my atv and trailer but it’s so steep I have to hand roll the rounds up hill a little ways before I can load them on the trailer.
Some of the rounds i’m working on are roughly 40” wide so I’ve been splitting them on site and piling them up the hill to get later.
Lots of work but nothing beats being in the woods doing manly stuff.

My wifey constantly does trail maintenance, it’s her therapy, but our evening trail ride or a dip in the cool creek is a great reward. I only get involved when it’s something her pruning chainsaw can’t lick and then I come to the rescue with my big toys

Yeah my wife likes to keep the trails clean too.
I showed her how
to make mock scrapes a couple years ago and she loves to come back to see all the tracks and scrapes she collected.

Fabbed up some sliders for the ATV cart.
Will kick the wagon out of the way instead of the tire and axle getting caught on trees and stumps.
DB956F40-20C1-4804-AD2C-B2857876D3AA.jpeg
E54064ED-633E-4E07-A0FB-60B2C9029075.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom