• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else ever had a CT scan due to a nodule in the lungs?

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
My doctor and their radiologist found a spot on one of my lungs at my last annual physical last week. He wants me back next week to do a CT scan. I swear I’ve never had any issues with my respiratory system until this year.

Had a CT scan a few years ago and I don't remember anyone telling me to worry. Had another one in September and radiologist noted a spot on right lung. Ding, ding, ding! I see my primary care doc and he is not too concerned, but refers me to a Pulmonologist (several weeks out), which only adds more grey hair to my disappearing hair. Finally meet the Lung Doc and thru a very thick Mumbai accent, he says don't worry about it. He pulls it up on a screen and shows the scan in real time. Pointed out the spot on my lung, which looked to me like a dozen of the other white blobs on the screen. He says it has not grown since last scan and is not mushy. (You can tell that from looking? Not mushy!) We will do another scan next year (thank you Medicare!).

As a followup to my latest lung CT scan, the Pulmonologist says my 4mm spot has not changed from 2 previous scans. Then he says, "I found a couple of 2mm spots and confirmed their presence on previous scans. ". Then he adds, " I could probably spot more if I looked, but it is not necessary." Then he prescribed a $480/mo. Drug with $70 copay. That after telling him I quit taking the $460 med that was not working. Big Pharma and the docs!!!

Pulmonologist found a bunch of nodules in my lungs earlier this year. Think it’s related to the positive TB test I had in ‘68.
Roommate had TB, me and other roommate had positive skin pops. Docs gave us both a 90 day supply of some med, said no alcohol while on it. We trashed the meds. Roommate #1 spent a couple months at Battey state hospital in Rome. We’d sneak him bottles of Cutty Sark on our visits.
Got a follow-up CT scheduled next month.

Back
Top Bottom