• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else finally got everything they want in a gun collection?

thats a pretty damn solid collection and more towards where im trying to go myself. found myself realizing having a bunch of guns that filled the same exact purpose was pretty wasteful so now getting down to that 1 good one in each category.

He's doing good. Chewing up the house though. I had to replace the blinds and move his cage away from the window after he ate the blinds and the window frame.

Bypass Bypass - buy some of those cheap wicker baskets at Michael's, the ones without any paint or crap on them and put them around the house. They make a helluva mess but our birds would chew on them and leave everything else (including the crown molding!) alone. It's a pretty cheap solution....

thats a pretty damn solid collection and more towards where im trying to go myself. found myself realizing having a bunch of guns that filled the same exact purpose was pretty wasteful so now getting down to that 1 good one in each category.
Yup.

Bypass Bypass - buy some of those cheap wicker baskets at Michael's, the ones without any paint or crap on them and put them around the house. They make a helluva mess but our birds would chew on them and leave everything else (including the crown molding!) alone. It's a pretty cheap solution....
I bought him a bunch of wood toys. He loves dismantling those things. ;)
I will give that a shot though. :)

One for each member of the household that's able to use one "just in case"
My sentiments exactly. I have Two 5.56's, one is a carbine the other is a 18 inch SPR, Two 6.8's one is 14.5 the other a 16 inch with optic, and one AR10 that will shoot circles around a Ruger Precision Rifle. Hell the barrel cost 50% of what the RPR cost. I have four family members and each get one with a side arm to boot. If there is a siege then the whole family will go to work. AR's and Semi Auto hand guns for everyone. They will also be dragging a case of ammo behind them to what ever position they are asigned to. Like the line in the Predator II movie where the drug dealer just burries is head in a pile of coke and lets out a line I love " Come on! Scorpions is readyyyy!".

I thought I was all set once. My wants change and I'm always up for testing out the latest technology. So you buy, try them out and trade or sell the ones that don't suit you. Reloading and silencers also spurred my recent activity. I "think" I'm all set, but that will be short lived.

My sentiments exactly. I have Two 5.56's, one is a carbine the other is a 18 inch SPR, Two 6.8's one is 14.5 the other a 16 inch with optic, and one AR10 that will shoot circles around a Ruger Precision Rifle. Hell the barrel cost 50% of what the RPR cost. I have four family members and each get one with a side arm to boot. If there is a siege then the whole family will go to work. AR's and Semi Auto hand guns for everyone. They will also be dragging a case of ammo behind them to what ever position they are asigned to. Like the line in the Predator II movie where the drug dealer just burries is head in a pile of coke and lets out a line I love " Come on! Scorpions is readyyyy!".
Good to know I'm not the only one. LOL

My 13 year old daughter acts like I'm crazy when I walk her through drills about what to do if somebody ever breaks into the house when she's alone.

Condensed version: Grab this gun, go to this room and call 911. If anybody walks into this room before the police get here, shoot them repeatedly until they're not moving anymore.

Don't worry about the mess. I'll clean it up when I get home. LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom