• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else get ear infections?

I typically get ear infections twice a year. Amoxicillin (or other antibiotic), drops, & often a steroid pack or zpack (depending if its sinus related) is the typical prescribed cure. For me advil/tylenol do not touch the severe pain of them; however, I can usually feel them coming on with pressure/cloudiness in the ears and make it a point to get to the doctor asap. Once on the above, pain subsides in 6 or 8 hours and cloudiness seems to be clear within a day; however, the infection typically takes 5+d days to fully clear.

Know anything that will knock em out? I got an outer ear infection going on in my left ear. Seems like it is always something.

God man, I don't wish those on anyone. I used to get chronic ear infections when I was a kid and they were so painful. In fact, one year I had over 14. I finally had surgery and they put tubes in my ears and knock on wood, I haven't had one since, but that was 30 years ago so not sure if that's a fix for adults.

God man, I don't wish those on anyone. I used to get chronic ear infections when I was a kid and they were so painful. In fact, one year I had over 14. I finally had surgery and they put tubes in my ears and knock on wood, I haven't had one since, but that was 30 years ago so not sure if that's a fix for adults.
Yep, I had tubes when I was a kid as well. Sucked. I haven't had an ear infection for 30 years until now.

I used to get ear infections all the time as a kid through age 22. Have major hearing loss due to the damage. Never had tubes, and most likely should have. I always experienced major pain when descending in an airplane. After college my first big boy job required a lot of flying, so I went to an ENT to see what options I had to prevent the pain. Said I had a deviated septum. At the time, two options were either surgery (no way in hell as I knew someone who went through it and said emphatically- NOPE) or just use Fluticasone nasal spray. Use it every time I fly with no issues, and my ear infections throughout my life have decreased by 85%.

Back
Top Bottom