• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else get their property tax statement today?

keep in mind guy's.....the property taxes are for the year 2022.....don't give them sales in 2023 in your appeal, or they will simply toss it out....

I know it sucks, but the valuation is based on 2022 sales. There were alot of people taking the money and running last year. There were two high dollar sales in our hood of 53 homes last year. Got mine today and it was exactly what I expected. Valuation up $125k and tax assessment up 27%.

Nexpoint SFR (single family rental) purchased this home for $927k last year. The year previous it sold for $339k......... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WoW!!! that sounds like the old flipping deals in the early 2000's.....nothing changes....That's going to be great when the lender gets that one back....as an appraiser, I've got some stories in the early 2000's....developers, builders & county inspectors, all in on it....one lender had 30 year loans on homes that were not even built.....county issued C/O's provided on unbuilt homes....

• Wow
Reactions: GFB
The Dekalb Co appeal form is confusing.
Im appealing.
This year there was a one time homeowner tax relief grant to Homeowners with valid homesteads receive the tax relief grant of up to a $18,000 reduction of the assessed value of their property.
I suppose this was applied but my taxes are $600 more than last year's and no houses have been sold in my neighborhood as rates are up.

I need to move.

Back
Top Bottom