• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else getting the itch for archery season yet?

I’m pumped.
Had a bambi laying down 10 feet from me the other day while I was chucking log rounds I cut a couple weeks ago.
Looked over and young doe was laying there just staring at me.
I crouched down and looked away then back at her then looked away.
She started doing the same thing looking over her shoulder.
I stood up and kinda ran off a few steps away from her to see what she would do.
She got up when I took off but she stayed there.
I walked slowly towards my original spot then made eye contact then ran off again to see if she wanted to play like they will with a dog.
She bobbed her head at me a few times then stomped and ducked her head then raised up.
That was my que to run off again so I did and she came around the deadfall towards me.
I crouched down a little and ran off again and she gave chase this time and ran past me bobbing her head up and down.
She ended up hanging around in the distance and eventually laid down about 30 yards away.

Not sure what I was hoping to accomplish with this but I wanted to see how she would react.
Ive had mountain deer that most likely never saw a human before walk right up to me and sniff.
They are curious creatures.

A buddy of mine showed me a video of a young deer chasing his dog around the lake having all kinds of fun.
It would run off and disappear i. the woods then come out running full force from a different spot right past them numerous times then would play tag with the dog.

It's been years since I've shot a recurve and I want to make a I can make an ethical shot with one before I go. Any recommendations on what bows to look at

Back
Top Bottom