• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else have a S&W CSX?

So did the frame being metal as well have any noticeable affect on decreasing snap? Did the front site not rise up too much when fired?

Not that I could tell. No better or worse than my P365.

First ones that came out, like the ones in the first few weeks after they announced them, had an audible double reset. The last half dozen I’ve felt haven’t had that issue. That’s the only thing I’ve experienced with the trigger. It isn’t a custom shop 1911 trigger but it certainly isn’t bad.

Interesting. I haven't looked at newer ones lately since I already have one. Mine is definitely one of the old ones with the double-click on reset.

I guess the thought of having to "remember the safety" is just not something I want to do in a self-defense situation… I have a few compact SA/DA hammer fired pieces of hardware… Canik 55 (Tristar C100), CZ RAMI, Bersa TPR9C… all of which are hammer fired and with the first round being fired DA, there’s really no need for a safety. I have a striker fired P365 and a Hellcat I use for deep conceal carry and am ok with a light trigger…. my favorite compact is a Canik TP9 Elite SC with one of the nicest OEM triggers I’ve owned (about 4 lbs)…. but one definitely has to make certain they keep their finger off the "bang switch" unless ready/committed to fire!
emoji6.png

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No way I’m carrying a round in the chamber in a striker-fired gun without a manual safety. Any more than I would a cocked hammer gun with no safety. (I kinda like having my jewels intact).
I would carry a P30SK decocked with safety on.
My P365 has a manual safety.
To me, It’s a matter of training to engage and release.
But…to each his own.

Yup, each person has their own comfort level.

I carry a no-safety P365 every day, but I might feel different if carrying appendix. I have no concerns with not having a safety otherwise though, it's just another thing to break or go wrong.

There are safety's on firearms still?....Heck..I don't even engage the safeties on my shotguns. On DA/SA guns de cocked with safety off has always been my preferred configuration. I do like that little CSX though, I see the safety is ambidextrous, do you know if the mag release is switchable?

Yes, you can swap it from side to side, but it's not ambi.

I kind of agree that safety's on most guns these days are superfluous, and more likely to be a problem than solve one in most cases. For a single-action gun I can still see some value though.

A manual safety on a handgun that isn’t intended to be carried cocked n’ locked is an abomination.

It only does one thing; keep the gun from firing when I pull the trigger. Why would I NOT want the gun to fire when I pull the trigger!? That’s EXACTLY what I want to happen EVERY time I pull the trigger.

Most of the popular striker-fired guns, like the Glock and the P320, already possess 3 safeties inherent in their design. If those ain’t enough safeties to keep you from having an AD, firearms just may not be your bag. A Louisville Slugger might be a good option.

I’ve handled and dry-fired two CSX’s now. Both seemed identical, and both were the worst SAO triggers I have ever felt in my life. The reset gives you a very positive “click” right off the bat…….but that ain’t the reset! Keep on going, and you’ll hit a second, faint “tick” that will let you know that it’s reset.

I am putting money on the fact that the same idiot that designed the original M&P trigger designed this one.

A manual safety on a handgun that isn’t intended to be carried cocked n’ locked is an abomination.

It only does one thing; keep the gun from firing when I pull the trigger. Why would I NOT want the gun to fire when I pull the trigger!? That’s EXACTLY what I want to happen EVERY time I pull the trigger.

Most of the popular striker-fired guns, like the Glock and the P320, already possess 3 safeties inherent in their design. If those ain’t enough safeties to keep you from having an AD, firearms just may not be your bag. A Louisville Slugger might be a good option.

I’ve handled and dry-fired two CSX’s now. Both seemed identical, and both were the worst SAO triggers I have ever felt in my life. The reset gives you a very positive “click” right off the bat…….but that ain’t the reset! Keep on going, and you’ll hit a second, faint “tick” that will let you know that it’s reset.

I am putting money on the fact that the same idiot that designed the original M&P trigger designed this one.

So how does the Trigger on the CSX--I keep thinking Choo-choo Train, BTW :) --Compare to the old AMT Backup .380?

Back
Top Bottom