• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else like A2 stocks?

The surplus store on hwy 140 just above hickory flat has the handguards with heat shields, and they have the A1 and A2 buttstocks also. Saw 'em earlier today when we stopped by there after the gun show. They had the frips with no finger grooves too......
Sounds like I need to slither over there real quick.

The surplus store on hwy 140 just above hickory flat has the handguards with heat shields, and they have the A1 and A2 buttstocks also. Saw 'em earlier today when we stopped by there after the gun show. They had the frips with no finger grooves too......

Did you happen to check the prices?

$30 for a trapdoor type model and $50 for earlier non-trap door model

i bought an a1 stock to replace the a2 stock on my m16a1 look-a-like, It's still missing a sling and I don;t know the type to buy

IMG_0506.JPG

i bought an a1 stock to replace the a2 stock on my m16a1 look-a-like, It's still missing a sling and I don;t know the type to buy

View attachment 1103972[/QUOTE]

The Military Depot has the slings also, both early type and silent type. I like the earlier type with the the metal slip clip. They go for about $10. each. That's what I used, can't really see in pics I posted.

I love A2 stocks. I have 3 complete rifles with them, a 4th in the works, and picking up an A1 stock set tomorrow morning for another retro build.

The LOP is nearly perfect for me and I love the simplicity. Additionally, when accompanied with a rifle length gas system, the A2 receiver extension and buffer system are incredibly smooth shooting.

upload_2017-3-18_21-49-49.png

I really like the feel and it don't pull on my beard like some do (MOE)

No problem if you like the A2, I know lots of people who also prefer the A2.

But you can fix the beard pulling from collapsible stocks: cut a section of mountain bike tube about 1 inch long. Slip this over the end of the collapsible stock, so that a short section of the tubing also fits over the receiver extension tube. This will keep your beard hairs from getting plucked.

Just a little help for any of my fellow wearers of facial hair.

Back
Top Bottom