• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else starting to get the itch to fish?!

I’m looking forward to getting on the water. The spot I was deer hunting has a nice sized pond on it. While the siblings don’t want anymore hunting there, they are fine with fishing. I am looking forward to sliding the kayak in the water and seeing what’s out there.

I really like fishing in Jan and feb all the cruisers,jet skiers,and pontoon riders are still covered up in a blanket in the house.
I'm a yak guy, so need to get a dry suit before I can do that. I'm hoping to get one for my birthday in a few days.

I went ahead and ordered a couple of those GT lures. They look interesting. I stayed with the lighter ones. Ordered a 3/4 and a 1oz

Wife and I have not done much fishing in the last couple of years. Got some repairs done on the boat recently and took her out for first time since last May, this past weekend. Nice to have old sonar able to show bottom at 400 feet again. It's old technology, but still very good.

Well, we were "out of practice" in a great many aspects of our old Carters Lake routine, but I think we're caught up now. We had once lousy bite all day on a down-lined trout, but no hookup.

It's cool. We "re-learned" our old routine, found out our puppy (although fearful at first) can handle an all day fishing trip on a boat in the middle of the lake, and spent a gorgeous warm day on a beautiful lake in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Had a good dinner on the way home, and all living critters in our house fell asleep by 11PM.

Despite the lack of fish, it was a great day on the lake. I'll have a better game plan for actually landing a fish next time :)

Well somebody got to do it

Attachments

• 98B4B3BE-FDBD-4B76-AB93-E63C8B783B05.jpeg
    98B4B3BE-FDBD-4B76-AB93-E63C8B783B05.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 6
I've been itching to get back up to the mountains to trout fish for a couple months already. If my car wasnt screwed up, I'd have gone this past weekend. I'm gonna have to get a working vehicle soon or figure something else out. It shouldn't be too long before they start stocking this year.

I've been itching to get back up to the mountains to trout fish for a couple months already. If my car wasnt screwed up, I'd have gone this past weekend. I'm gonna have to get a working vehicle soon or figure something else out. It shouldn't be too long before they start stocking this year.

They usually start the last weekend in March for the seasonal streams. They stock the Tallula year round.

Back
Top Bottom