• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else think there is something wrong with commercial chickens being grown from chicks to fryer size in 7 weeks?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I have a friend who's uncle has a large chicken farm and he works for Tyson, Purdue and others. He raises 85000 chickens at a time and says they go from chick to fryer in 7 weeks. I raised our own chickens and they didn't grow that fast naturally so what are they putting in the feed?

I have a friend who's uncle has a large chicken farm and he works for Tyson, Purdue and others. He raises 85000 chickens at a time and says they go from chick to fryer in 7 weeks. I raised our own chickens and they didn't grow that fast naturally so what are they putting in the feed?
Hormones.

The chick suppliers for restaurant chains only want young tender breasts (who can blame them) for sandwiches and tenders. Not sure what they expect from the "growers" now. It's a nasty business.

He says his uncle operates the plant, picks up the dead birds and the rest is automated. Feed is supplied by the company he contracts with so there's no telling what's in it.

He says his uncle operates the plant, picks up the dead birds and the rest is automated. Feed is supplied by the company he contracts with so there's no telling what's in it.
If memory serves, the company drops off the chicks after sexing and the "grower" feeds and chickensits them until pickup for processing.

I used to know a guy who had two chicken houses.. he said at a certain time before the birds were taken to the processor he was to give them something called "reducer"...he said it with a wink..wink..nod..nod....wonder what they are reducing..🤭..this was about 10 years ago..

Back
Top Bottom