• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else think there is something wrong with commercial chickens being grown from chicks to fryer size in 7 weeks?

Have had some experience in this resolving disputes between various parties in the process, learned a fair amount about the chicken farming business,

First thing I learned, if you want to keep on wanting to eat chicken, NEVER EVER go to a processing plant,

Next thing is that "the company" owns the chickens and the feed. There really are no hormones or antibiotics in the feed, because the cost of them showing up far outweighs any potential benefits.

The key metric in the business is the "conversion rate". When the company delivers a pound of feed, how much chicken do they get back for each pound. The farmer gets paid on the conversion rate, the lowest rated farmers get dropped, so there in insane pressure to keep up the conversion rate. The conversion rate is calculated to two decimal places. In other words, 1.00 pounds of feed needs to produce .9X lbs of chicken.

I don't know what it is now, but the conversion rate when I was active in the field was something like 1.5 to 1.

There is really nothing suspicious about the process. Think about it, if you could stay in your air conditioned living room at a controlled temperature, eating nothing but palatable, sweet, high protein food, - eggs and steak whenever you wanted - how much weight would you gain in 7 weeks,

Have had some experience in this resolving disputes between various parties in the process, learned a fair amount about the chicken farming business,

First thing I learned, if you want to keep on wanting to eat chicken, NEVER EVER go to a processing plant,

Next thing is that "the company" owns the chickens and the feed. There really are no hormones or antibiotics in the feed, because the cost of them showing up far outweighs any potential benefits.

The key metric in the business is the "conversion rate". When the company delivers a pound of feed, how much chicken do they get back for each pound. The farmer gets paid on the conversion rate, the lowest rated farmers get dropped, so there in insane pressure to keep up the conversion rate. The conversion rate is calculated to two decimal places. In other words, 1.00 pounds of feed needs to produce .9X lbs of chicken.

I don't know what it is now, but the conversion rate when I was active in the field was something like 1.5 to 1.

There is really nothing suspicious about the process. Think about it, if you could stay in your air conditioned living room at a controlled temperature, eating nothing but palatable, sweet, high protein food, - eggs and steak whenever you wanted - how much weight would you gain in 7 weeks,
18.5 lbs. AMHIK.

Afraid to get the Covid Jab and yet here we are .................... :bull_head:

Other Intriguing Stats on Chicken Consumption in the US

1. Approximately 8 billion chickens are eaten in the US every year.

2. This year, chicken meat consumption in the US is projected to reach 98.3 lbs per capita.

3. Americans were projected to eat an astonishing 1.4 billion chicken wings and drumsticks during the 2022 Super Bowl.

Dont forget to add in all the buffalo wings too. So weird that buffalos even have wings.

I tried to buy some chicken plants at Cofer seed.
They laughed at me and told me there's no such a thing.
I think ya'll just made 'em up, must be about same as a snipe hunt.
:p
This will grow into chicken plants

1350109.jpg

My MIL would cook sometimes and as she served it up boasted about how BIG the chicken breasts were and how proud she was of the dish and the deal she got on the meat. My wife looked at me immediately with SHUTUP eyes because she knew what I was about to say.

I have been to a few processing plants. It’s disgusting and depressing. The monster that is commercial food processing is a really bad kept secret. There is a reason why there aren’t any plants in the middle of a city and they usually in rural areas...nothing to see here.

There is something to be said about children growing at unusual rates over the past 40 years. My wife said she started her period at age 8. We have an 8yo and waiting any minute. She is starting to fill out and I’m just like this ain’t right. When I was 10 or so and hell, even in middle school, GIRLS DIDNT LOOK LIKE THEY DO NOW.

Part of it is the over sexualization of young women these days with music and media but to get to my point…the Modern American Diet is the leading cause of heart disease, obesity, cancer and abnormalities. Period.

Attachments

• 0EE03FF5-C701-4485-89BE-72A468243798.jpeg
    0EE03FF5-C701-4485-89BE-72A468243798.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 32
Factory farming is disgusting. Not to say it isn’t necessary to some degree, how else to you feed 300 million people that can’t/don’t have the skills to feed themselves? But it’s disgusting and immoral nonetheless. This is part of why the wife unit and I are moving out to the sticks. Our goal (when we’re settled in on our land) is to eat as much as we can that comes from our property. It’ll be a challenge, but is definitely doable with the right amount of will and work

My MIL would cook sometimes and as she served it up boasted about how BIG the chicken breasts were and how proud she was of the dish and the deal she got on the meat. My wife looked at me immediately with SHUTUP eyes because she knew what I was about to say.

I have been to a few processing plants. It’s disgusting and depressing. The monster that is commercial food processing is a really bad kept secret. There is a reason why there aren’t any plants in the middle of a city and they usually in rural areas...nothing to see here.

There is something to be said about children growing at unusual rates over the past 40 years. My wife said she started her period at age 8. We have an 8yo and waiting any minute. She is starting to fill out and I’m just like this ain’t right. When I was 10 or so and hell, even in middle school, GIRLS DIDNT LOOK LIKE THEY DO NOW.

Part of it is the over sexualization of young women these days with music and media but to get to my point…the Modern American Diet is the leading cause of heart disease, obesity, cancer and abnormalities. Period.
Friend of mine coaches football and one of his kids is 12yrs old 6'4 240lbs.

I have a friend who's uncle has a large chicken farm and he works for Tyson, Purdue and others. He raises 85000 chickens at a time and says they go from chick to fryer in 7 weeks. I raised our own chickens and they didn't grow that fast naturally so what are they putting in the feed?

Watch ‘Rotten‘ Big Bird By Netflix

Back
Top Bottom