• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else think there is something wrong with commercial chickens being grown from chicks to fryer size in 7 weeks?

yeah, when you look at a 12 year old girl who eats nothing but chicken nuggets and has tits the size of watermelons you have to factor growth hormone in something she's ingesting .
Yeah. Gotta be the chicken. Not the parents who are shoveling truckloads of that **** down their throat because they can't manage a balanced diet.

"Organic" used to mean something, but then the FDA got involved in determining what "organic" meant, and it's not what most people think. It's "factory 'organic'".
You got that right. One of our local farmers market here in the Peoples Republic is only open to organic farmers.

I started gardening before I put pants on, and I could tell that a lot of the produce wasn't anywhere near "organic". I couldn't grow produce like that if I soaked in Sevin.

So I dug out the FDA regs on "organic". What a joke - it was clearly written for large commercial growers. It's all organic until they get a problem, then they can spray and dust with all sorts of off the shelf stuff. What a farce.

Educate yourself a little more before commenting.
download (1).jpeg

I have a friend who's uncle has a large chicken farm and he works for Tyson, Purdue and others. He raises 85000 chickens at a time and says they go from chick to fryer in 7 weeks. I raised our own chickens and they didn't grow that fast naturally so what are they putting in the feed?
Must have them on my diet.

Some people pay good money for hormones and steroids. They are just giving it away with cheap meat now, sounds like a win win. My balls are all shrunken buts that's better than when my nipples were all leaky when my wife had me on tofu.
But seriously, Did the industry ever figure out what was causing Woody chicken? We only buy foo foo chicken now and still occasionally get some. Seemed like cheap stuff was every other pack.

This is a big part of why we started our farm. We raise grass fed beef, lamb, and ducks for ourselves.

I’ve been inside chicken houses and modern chicken houses are not that bad. The ones I’ve been in are air conditioned and did not stink. They were layer houses and not broiler houses though.

With that said, when we drive to Gainesville, the smell will wake me up from entering the city.

Modern broilers are typically Cornish cross chicks that you can raise at home and grow very fast. They also aren’t fed a typical chicken diet of bugs and such. Raising your own poultry will cost more than Walmart, but you get what you pay for. Beef can be a good but cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom