• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever cause a mistake?

Another thing I have learned-use the load data for the exact bullet you are loading for.

I have found that copper plated bullets require a whole different range of acceptable powder charges. FMJ is not the same. The copper of a TMJ (copper jacketed) is much softer-and requires a completely different weight of powder. I just remember calling the manufacturer when I first leaded TMJ for 9mm. The charge for the same weight bullet was @ 1.2 grains more as a minimum.

Invest in some load data books for every bullet manufacturer you plan on using. You can't be too careful.

Yeah I might buy more! Right now I'm just loading 300blk and since powder is very limited, i didn't need to look for other data since there was only one powder available and luckily it was a known one that hornady tested.

1680 or H-110?

I wish. I came across W296 and IMR 4227. A very generous ODT member helped me out and sold me a lb of h110 to see how I like it. I'm always watching gunbot but most of the time, I miss it by 10 minutes. I don't see how those people are so fast. Also sometimes places will update their inventory at 4am in the morning and it gets sold out quick!

Loaded some 300 BLK. I guess I forgot the charge and the primer sent it in the barrel. I was lucky the bullet didn't allow another round to chamber. I probably would've taken the next shot..

I wish. I came across W296 and IMR 4227. A very generous ODT member helped me out and sold me a lb of h110 to see how I like it. I'm always watching gunbot but most of the time, I miss it by 10 minutes. I don't see how those people are so fast. Also sometimes places will update their inventory at 4am in the morning and it gets sold out quick!

I load 125 Gn Speer TNT with 18.5 grains of h110 to 2.005" coal. Very accurate at 50 yards. My gf's dad says the w296 is quite similar to the h110, so I expect good results for you.

I loaded some hot 45ACP loads (right at max load- was just trying to push the envelope) and cracked the frame on a Sig 220. It wasn't a catastrophic failure, but still damaged the gun.

Saw a guy at a shoot with an suppressed UZI. He had a squib, but didn't notice and fired at least the rest of the mag through the gun. Accuracy went bad, so he swapped barrels and continued shooting. After the shoot he dissected the barrel and saw that the subsequent rounds battered the squib until it exited. the photo was sensational. Nearly a dozen FMJs smeared down the barrel until they exited, and the gun kept firing. I've wanted an UZI ever since.

I load 125 Gn Speer TNT with 18.5 grains of h110 to 2.005" coal. Very accurate at 50 yards. My gf's dad says the w296 is quite similar to the h110, so I expect good results for you.

Hopefully! Where you shoot in atlanta? I noticed a lot of Vietnamese people shoot nowadays.

I loaded some hot 45ACP loads (right at max load- was just trying to push the envelope) and cracked the frame on a Sig 220. It wasn't a catastrophic failure, but still damaged the gun.

Saw a guy at a shoot with an suppressed UZI. He had a squib, but didn't notice and fired at least the rest of the mag through the gun. Accuracy went bad, so he swapped barrels and continued shooting. After the shoot he dissected the barrel and saw that the subsequent rounds battered the squib until it exited. the photo was sensational. Nearly a dozen FMJs smeared down the barrel until they exited, and the gun kept firing. I've wanted an UZI ever since.

Very lucky. I can imagine mfg making guns for all kind of scenarios. I guess most guns can take high pressure. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone hurting themselves with reloads.

Back
Top Bottom