• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever dye ar furniture?

T-Roy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Was on another forum and saw someone selling a vltor stock they had rit dyed from fde to od. It looked good in the pic, but I'm curious how well it would wear.

Anyone have any first hand experience doing this?

Not on AR furniture, but RIT dye is the coloring method of choice in the RC world for plastic wheels. From what I understand, if done properly it penetrates the plastic to the point where light scratches don't show the color underneath.

Interesting, because the plastic on Magpul/vltor stuff seem softer and more porus to me than the wheels on my kid's Slash. Or are those not the same as the wheels you're talking about?

Was on another forum and saw someone selling a vltor stock they had rit dyed from fde to od. It looked good in the pic, but I'm curious how well it would wear.

Anyone have any first hand experience doing this?
Yes, I Rit dyed an AFG2 a couple years ago from OD to black. Still looks like the day I did it.

Interesting, because the plastic on Magpul/vltor stuff seem softer and more porus to me than the wheels on my kid's Slash. Or are those not the same as the wheels you're talking about?
Yep, those are exactly the type I'm talking about. The softer the plastic, the better the dye will penetrate.

Cool. I have one Fde ar and I've considered rattle canning it black a few times. Sounds like this would be a better, although permanent option.

Back
Top Bottom