• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever fix the electric meter?

I’d have power company kill power and then reattach. You don’t want to take a chance. It needs to be attached to something more substantial than hardi plank. Any framing in wall behind box ?

I’d have power company kill power and then reattach. You don’t want to take a chance. It needs to be attached to something more substantial than hardi plank. Any framing in wall behind box ?
Didn’t get that far. Not sure how they managed to build the house and toggle into hardi plank. Got a feeling it’ll be calling an electrician and it’s not even wiring.

They certainly didn't install it well. But if you don't know what you're doing , get a pro. You could really get hurt or worse very easily. If it were me, I'd turn the power off first. It's a pain, but worth not taking a risk of making a small mistake that could easily have big consequences

To secure an electrical meter into the wall, you will have to open it, so you be able to bolt it into the anchors or wall. Those things are sealed with a locker (plastic) on the cover, and ONLY the electrical company is allowed to break it open. If someone would do it, it is considered a violation of the meter. If yours doesn't have the locker or seal, then would be easy to do. BUT DANGEROUS!!!

Sallys or Shaniquas?
Dmmit arcman.gif

Back
Top Bottom