• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever gone on a dream hunt for whitetail deer?

Are you looking for the deer of a lifetime or a hunt of a lifetime? If it's the hunt you're looking for and you are comfortable with the cost, forget Whitetails. Go to Africa. There is nothing that can compare to a good quality Safari that is fair chase with people that know what they are doing. I highly recommend these folks.

I hunted the Zambezi River Valley and the Save' Valley in Zimbabwe with them. It was a Cape Buffalo hunt, but I also took seven other species of plains game. Everything about the experience was simply incredible.
I like the idea of Africa. I just don't like Africa. I'm not that adventurous when it comes to traveling the world either. I'm thinking after all I've seen in this thread that Texas hunting is where it's at for me.

I'd like to go antelope hunting in Wyoming but most of it is just based on being able to wander around out West in some beautiful area. Deer in Texas have better racks than Georgia. Does I've seen in North Dakota were probably as heavy as shooter bucks in most Georgia.

No reason for to ever pay for a hunt…. Way too many public land opportunities in Ohio, KY, Illinois, Missouri, etc to kill a world class buck.

Paid Dream Hunts either end in a nightmare, or an empty bank account. Or both. The outfitters are the ones living the dream…draining money from people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reason for to ever pay for a hunt…. Way too many public land opportunities in Ohio, KY, Illinois, Missouri, etc to kill a world class buck.

Paid Dream Hunts either end in a nightmare, or an empty bank account. Or both. The outfitters are the ones living the dream…draining money from people.

I'm sure that's true in some cases, but certainly not all. My Africa hunt was worth every dime and then some. I met great people and made new friends. Every time I think of it my mind is flooded with so many experiences I had there that I have to concentrate to focus on just one.

I'm sure that's true in some cases, but certainly not all. My Africa hunt was worth every dime and then some. I met great people and made new friends. Every time I think of it my mind is flooded with so many experiences I had there that I have to concentrate to focus on just one.

That’s totally different…. You can’t get in the truck and go hunt Africa, lol.

The original post was a dream whitetail hunt. That’s what I’m referring to.

That’s totally different…. You can’t get in the truck and go hunt Africa, lol.

The original post was a dream whitetail hunt. That’s what I’m referring to.

You can't get in the truck and go hunt most of the best places for quality Whitetail, either.

2e7734543f1bef2ae5957ec91e4a22aa.jpg

e4a6ae53b12e1dd646bcf9e35286a26c.jpg

All public land….. had a 170 at 15 yards at dark one evening. There was a 194 killed a mile from where we hunt on the public. The one on camera made it through the season this past year…. He’ll be a true giant this year.

Back
Top Bottom