• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever gone on a dream hunt for whitetail deer?

You can't get in the truck and go hunt most of the best places for quality Whitetail, either.

Hell there’s bigger bucks running around metro Atlanta than than these so called Dream Hunt outfitters can produce…

How far do you think Iowa, Illinois or Kentucky is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2e7734543f1bef2ae5957ec91e4a22aa.jpg

e4a6ae53b12e1dd646bcf9e35286a26c.jpg

All public land….. had a 170 at 15 yards at dark one evening. There was a 194 killed a mile from where we hunt on the public. The one on camera made it through the season this past year…. He’ll be a true giant this year.

Very nice, but you are the exception, not the rule.

Hell there’s bigger bucks running around metro Atlanta than than these so called Dream Hunt outfitters can produce…

How far do you think Iowa, Illinois or Kentucky is?

So you're saying just anyone can simply drive to one of these places and kill one of these bucks on public land?

Just gotta be willing to put in the work… the woods are full of em.

And how many years of work did it take you to kill the one in your pick?

And no, the woods are not full of them. It took me 40 years to finally get access to land that had a high quality buck population.

Just gotta be willing to put in the work… the woods are full of em.

I'm not that old at 50 but I put my body through the ringer in my time, knees are shot and back is jacked up a little too much for walking all day. My days of tromping through the woods tracking deer trying to get a shot at one are over. I'd rather go somewhere and pay a guide to put me in a nice comfy blind and sit back and enjoy nature.

That and I like the south. I got no interest in the northern parts of the US. That's why I will be hunting in Texas.

Do your homework brother. I went on a so called trophy hunt and left early. I won’t get into all of that, prefer not. The worst thing is, I left some metro giants to experience the midwest bow hunt. The public land is a great idea for the young and able. It was all around what we were paying to hunt. Id suggest a Texas blind hunt. Seems like the easiest and most likely for success. Also, if you want to gun hunt, its very limited Nawth of here. Texas would be way more open to a variety of weapons and species. Plus it’s Southern lol

I'm not that old at 50 but I put my body through the ringer in my time, knees are shot and back is jacked up a little too much for walking all day. My days of tromping through the woods tracking deer trying to get a shot at one are over. I'd rather go somewhere and pay a guide to put me in a nice comfy blind and sit back and enjoy nature.

That and I like the south. I got no interest in the northern parts of the US. That's why I will be hunting in Texas.

I’m 46, and I’m definitely feel your pain… I’ve lifted heavy ass weights in the gym for the last 30 years and my back and knees are shot. BUT, no way in hell are my hunting days over. I started saddle hunting last year and is a game changer in certain hunting situations. You sound like being 50 is having one foot in the nursing home, lol. To hell with that!

Call Danny Pierce. Rush Creek Guide Service. He hunts in the panhandle of Texas.
He will put you in a blind or nice ladder stand. Has good bucks from 130-170”.
All free range...real hunting.
South Texas bucks will fool you into shooting them because the racks look huge on their small bodies...not so in the panhandle.
Or go to Kansas, find you a college kid with access to private ground and shoot one of these...
F2AAD3A0-7487-4555-A55F-217B90F39C8A.jpeg
BC7AD36A-3FA2-4FDB-9DB5-7A32A68CD2D5.jpeg

Or just hunt public walk-in ground if a 150” buck will make you happy...
35ECFC77-A155-4686-A02D-D2D8E770465D.jpeg

Reactions: GFB
Have not yet but have been thinking about trying to get a small, outstanding core group of guys together and doing a, for lack of a better word, “dream hunt”. Thinking three or four like minded people and picking a prime, fair chase, all inclusive hunt. Everybody has a different definition of a trophy and I’m ok with that, I’m thinking more for the experience and fellow ship… and the chance to take a good buck. Archery or firearms, either would be fine with me. Probably the top two locations for me would me Iowa or Montana.
I did Kentucky for 3 years in a row. Some studs killed. My party did well every year. 60% success, free range, all inclusive. Great guides.

Attachments

• 1583024638573.jpg
    1583024638573.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1587995641690.jpg
    1587995641690.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20191123_112258.jpg
    20191123_112258.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0698(1).jpg
    IMG_0698(1).jpg