• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever order a Colt Archive Letter?

SchmittZoid

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery
282   0
Reaction score
Back in May, I ordered a Colt Archive / provenance letter for the 1927 Colt Contract Argentinian Sistema I picked up.

Here is the original thread.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...t-matter-experts-on-odt.1143453/#post-5766573

August is now nearing its close. I think the 100th day will be September 5th. Does Colt take exactly 100 days, or is it a (+/-) thing? And if (+/-) what is the delta? Just curious in hearing others experience.

When I ordered, the website said they would charge my credit card when their research begins. I haven't see the charge hit yet, and I check the current statement online regularly. I was thinking/hoping I would have heard something by now.

Your experience?

I do not have any first hand experience with Colt. But a friend of mine sent a request for a letter in December of 2014. He called Colt to check on it every two to three months. He received the letter June 7, 2016. The letter was dated February, 2015. I don't know if this is normal, or if this is an exception. I can only relay what I know.

I guess they need to be more specific on which "100 days" they were talking about.

WOW, I wish I could be that delayed on a task . . . . .

I do not have any first hand experience with Colt. But a friend of mine sent a request for a letter in December of 2014. He called Colt to check on it every two to three months. He received the letter June 7, 2016. The letter was dated February, 2015. I don't know if this is normal, or if this is an exception. I can only relay what I know.

These will be my first. I ordered one for my grandfather's US stamped hammerless 1903, and one for his nickel plated police positive with British proofs. Said he swapped two cartons of cigarettes for the police positive in N. Africa in 1943-44. The hammerless 1903 was issued to him in China in 1945 with the OSS

Back
Top Bottom