• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever shoot a carbine length AR with an A2 buttstock?

jsquared

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
43   0
Reaction score
Thinking about installing an A2 stock on my 16" carbine, anyone ever shot an AR set up like this? How did you like it? Not such a big fan oif the CAR stock so thought I would try this out before spending money on an Ace or something.

Sure does look a little funny :)

i53.servimg.com_u_f53_12_63_91_01_a1_110.jpg

I have owned several carbines with A2 stocks. During the ban, that was how we all rolled. Nothing wrong with the A2. Great solid stock.

Pretty sure my buffer tube is mil-spec, its on an M&P15. I should be picking up a DPMS A2 stock this week sometime though, just need the rifle buffer and spring.

A solid stock also aids in clearing certain malfunctions where a collapsible stock may break when the stock is slammed into the ground ( unless you remember to collapse it all the way) to free up the bolt during a failure to extract, a.k.a. "bolt override" .

Last edited:
I ran through a couple of carbine classes with an A2 Bushmaster stock. Once the evil AWB was lifted, I bought a 4 position stock to install. I still to this day think the gun balanced better with the A2 stock. The only reason I left the collapsible stock on was for transporting the gun to and from the vehicle in an inconspicuous manner.

Back
Top Bottom