• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever use a RecTeq Bullseye Pellet Smoker?

Heed this advise! No truer words….S**T- F**K…
Quick story to back this up…
So… couple weeks ago the wife and I decided..Ribeyes tonight… went down to Publix and picked out a couple of inch and a hafers.. great marbling..Get back home, salt ‘em down and throw some baking taters in the mini oven... bout 30 mins before they’re done I fire up the RecTec for a sear on the searing plates to 500+ degrees. After bout 10 mins I look out and man she’s smoking…I mean SMOKING!… thinking…she ain’t never smoked that damn much, specially on a high temp like that.. then I see’d it.. FLAMES! FLAMES! FLAMES!!!..I MEAN… SHE WAS ON FIRE! Luckily I was able to turn it off and smother the flames before it burned down my carport and my toys..
like palmettomoon palmettomoon said..clean it first! Lesson logged to memory..
Me and my middle brother had a little excitement just like that. LOL!

I ended up getting the RT700. Cook on it 3-4 times a week.

6D834F9E-DEFA-4CD3-AF2B-264321A759FF.jpeg

Only two of us.
I couldn't do that big of a turkey but I've done 12-15 lb briskets several times. I can do 4 racks of ribs...I have the optional shelf.
Advantage of the smaller smoker...heats up quickly, responds/maintains temps, and economical on pellets
Yeah, this 700 goes through pellets. Then again, i crank it up to FUL at least once a week to reverse sear steaks.

Back
Top Bottom