• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone ever use a RecTeq Bullseye Pellet Smoker?

Do you have the same model?
Yep. Went with the Bullseye on the recommendation of another friend with one. I've also got a few buddies with their larger smokers that have always spoke highly.

Finishing off some chops right now

Attachments

• PXL_20221021_215955484.jpg
    PXL_20221021_215955484.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 9
They have a new version coming out Monday. It adds a few things like wifi, a front shelf, steel grates, and the ability to turn up the heat to 1000°

I’m thinking about driving to Recteq Fest in Evans tomorrow. They’re offering the new version for $100 off the $799 price that will go on sale online Monday.

I saw that. It looks nice, but I already thought the Bullseye was overpriced for what it is at $400. I just don't see another $400 or even $300 worth of value there, especially on something so small. If was going to spend that much, I'd just go ahead and get one of their bigger grills.

I think I’m leaning towards the current Bullseye. I’m not looking forward to a 4 hour drive to Evans and 4 hours home.
If I get the current, I’ll just let them ship it to me.
Get ther tomorrow morning around 5am. They are having the RecTeq fest and scratch and dent sale at 7am. Went a couple years ago and was awesome.

I think I’m leaning towards the current Bullseye. I’m not looking forward to a 4 hour drive to Evans and 4 hours home.
If I get the current, I’ll just let them ship it to me.
Get it. I have posted at least one thread on mine. It's a fantastic "everyday" pellet grill......

Get a smoke tube for smoke on food at high temps (the grill burns incredibly efficient at high temp, so little smoke).

If you go high temp (like for pizza) make SURE you CLEAN it thoroughly BEFORE you go over 400 degrees. If not, you gon' have a fire. A real fire.

Mine was here (Macon) in two days after ordering. The grill will require assembly but they have great videos posted on Youtube. It's made in Ching-chong-China but it's a good grill. I looked at a Weber Kettle style grill at Home Despot today and those ass pirates want $279 for a damned charcoal grill!

Get it. I have posted at least one thread on mine. It's a fantastic "everyday" pellet grill......

Get a smoke tube for smoke on food at high temps (the grill burns incredibly efficient at high temp, so little smoke).

If you go high temp (like for pizza) make SURE you CLEAN it thoroughly BEFORE you go over 400 degrees. If not, you gon' have a fire. A real fire.

Mine was here (Macon) in two days after ordering. The grill will require assembly but they have great videos posted on Youtube. It's made in Ching-chong-China but it's a good grill. I looked at a Weber Kettle style grill at Home Despot today and those ass pirates want $279 for a damned charcoal grill!
Heed this advise! No truer words….S**T- F**K…
Quick story to back this up…
So… couple weeks ago the wife and I decided..Ribeyes tonight… went down to Publix and picked out a couple of inch and a hafers.. great marbling..Get back home, salt ‘em down and throw some baking taters in the mini oven... bout 30 mins before they’re done I fire up the RecTec for a sear on the searing plates to 500+ degrees. After bout 10 mins I look out and man she’s smoking…I mean SMOKING!… thinking…she ain’t never smoked that damn much, specially on a high temp like that.. then I see’d it.. FLAMES! FLAMES! FLAMES!!!..I MEAN… SHE WAS ON FIRE! Luckily I was able to turn it off and smother the flames before it burned down my carport and my toys..
like palmettomoon palmettomoon said..clean it first! Lesson logged to memory..

Back
Top Bottom