• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone find who owns this boat?

Completely understand what you mean by it didn't look like the first time. Saw a dog rip up another one at a dog park, idiot and his dog were out of there so quick, they knew the drill. He picked it up, not a small dog, ran to his truck, threw it in an screeched off in seconds.
Spread the word, ill eat the vet bill and happily use it as a reward (once recovered) for anyone who gives me the info on him.

Had a Rottweiler kill our 15 pound mutt at Victoria campground years ago. The owners packed up and were headed out but not before DNR got there. The DNR guys talked to the dog's owner and while they were very sympathetic did nothing. The owners were from Chatsworth and their Animal Control officer wasn't any help. I hope you get some justice, but I doubt it will come from DNR.

Just an observation and free advice is worth what you paid for it, but if you are planning any lawsuits you may want to be a little more objective with your comments. A good lawyer will tear you up in court over the items marked above in blue and you and your puppy may end up looking like the aggressors.
The damages are limited to small claims court and dogs can't get pain and suffering. It was off personal premises so his homeowners won't get involved unless a person is bit or he has a threat to his umbrella policy (if he has one) If they do get involved they'll most likely end up dropping him or deny coverage due to lack of notification for owning a aggressive dog on his property then enter the info in the insurance services database that will be checked by any future insurance companies before issuing a policy. Used to be in the claims and underwriting business, seen it a few times. You should always read your exclusions very carefully. Hiring a lawyer personally for that would be stupid considering a few hours of the lawyers time would cost more than the claim and court costs.

So your dog was inside of your yard behind a fence and the other dog attacked it through your fence and the owner ran off with the dog in his boat?

So your dog was inside of your yard behind a fence and the other dog attacked it through your fence and the owner ran off with the dog in his boat?
Sitting at a eatery on the lake, my dog was lying down behind a wooden slat fence / deck rail his dog walked past and bit it on the face then he tried to claim that our puppy attacked his dog which is a total crock of ****.

Attachments

• 20220519_124317.jpg
    20220519_124317.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 16
Sitting at a eatery on the lake, my dog was lying down behind a wooden slat fence / deck rail.
Maybe you'll get some civil relief with that one, but I wouldn't expect Animal Control to be much help on that one. They don't spend too much time on dog on dog violence when both dogs were on public property. Hopefully you can find out who the owner is and get some vet bills paid.

I'm not too sure about the aggressive dog thing when it is dog on dog. People biter sure...but I never really looked into it.

I've had dogs that were hurt in a dog fight before and I usually chalk it up to dogs being dogs, I got in the habit along time ago to try not to put my dogs in a position to get either dog hurt, it is sometimes unavoidable though.

Were both dogs on a leash?

Spread the word, ill eat the vet bill and happily use it as a reward (once recovered) for anyone who gives me the info on him.
if you get his name and age i might can get you an address and phone number and maybe some more info on him if you want it. lmk

Back
Top Bottom