• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone fished St. Augustine?

I know that in ponta Vedra there is Guana lake, when the shrimp run it lights up the whole lake, it's awesome. Use to be, you got to keep what you caught. Really awesome sight to see. It's between Jax and st. Augustine

I love that area, I have had decent luck on that pier. I've caught some bluefish, lots of small annoying catfish, and a large (what I consider large) lemon shark from there.

I haven't had much luck on the ocean side beaches, aside from some small whiting and blue fish (but I may not be any good at surf fishing).

I have had a great time on the beach on the southwaterway at the Matanzas inlet . all kinds of interesting fish. even had a whale swim by me there once.

We have a house just south of there in Flagler Beach. ICW fishing has been good near Matanzas inlet. I’ve been hearing that the surf fishing has been hot lately too. Do you have a boat? Pellicer Creek area is a good bet if you have a shallow water skiff or kayak.

We have a house just south of there in Flagler Beach. ICW fishing has been good near Matanzas inlet. I’ve been hearing that the surf fishing has been hot lately too. Do you have a boat? Pellicer Creek area is a good bet if you have a shallow water skiff or kayak.
no boat. just looking to fish from land

My cousin fishes there all the time,He's a sheepshead pro,caught some of the largest ones I ever saw,and bull reds when he goes after them.Grew up in Jacksonville and had fished all his life.

Back
Top Bottom