• Tacos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pizza

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Ribeye beached potato and a salad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nah that was in the 90’s
I've been in the 'food marketing' business my whole life. In the late 80's and early 90's it was all about low fat. Well, the manufacturers just loaded up on corn syrup to make up for that. My GP told me to follow the American Diabetes Association's diet recommendations for food. I quickly realized that if I did that, I'd be dead in 5 years. Be careful what you 'believe' when it comes to food and exercise.

It is gluten, and it is a group of proteins found in wheat, barley, rye, and other grains. Gluten intolerance/ allergies are related to certain DNA makeups, and can run in families. Current estimates are that at least 30% of the population has some type of gluten problem and don't know it. Wheat has been genetically modified since the 1950's. Cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and about 300 other diseases have been on the rise since the 1950's. Hmmm.... My wife is severely allergic to gluten, I have seen her have a bad allergic reaction when she just SMELLED a biscuit. 5 years ago she totally lost her balance, and the doctor's couldn't tell her why. We finally had her tested for food allergies, she has many, but gluten is the most severe, and caused her to be allergic to many others. I had my DNA tested as well, there are 4 really bad genes that you can have that cause gluten intolerance, I inherited 2 from my mother, and the other 2 from my father. I went gluten free about 4 years ago, I have lost 50 lbs, and quite a few health issues have cleared up. If you want to know more, Google the Gluten Free Society. PS, most doctor's aren't taught about gluten issues, the test they normally use are not accurate.
So the by product is carbohydrates contain gluten? Will continue to read from here.

I'm not really intolerant to it just certain types really tear my stomach up and can make me break out in stress hives, best way I can describe it. It has a similar effect on me as if I was lactose intolerant and ate ice cream. Pizza is the worst so I get thin crust, or just eat a steak.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Could it be from GMO's or has always been there and not known. My wife has been on a kick for 10 years about organic this and that. I do the shopping and tell her that is what I buy.

I am starting to believe the GMO thing is real.

Almost everyone could stand to eat a little less carbohydrates. I haven't completely given up gluten yet but I've been told I should by a doc. I really love potatoes and pasta though...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Some people are allergic. For others it's a fad. I know I do better with more protein and healthy fats than carbs in my diet. Seems to work for me so that's what I eat. Everyone is a little different. I dont have a problem eating gluten just do better with less carbs. My wife cant eat it. Messes her up. To each their own.

The real question is that is that are all the “new” allergies really new or has technology gotten better to detect them or is it science that has messed our food supply up to where we are intolerant to them??? Go back and look at some of the ancient civilizations and most of those peoples diets consisted of mainly grains???

creampie-is-that-gluten-free.jpg

Back
Top Bottom