• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone got a bolt action pistol?

Fixing to be hand solo when that thing kabooms
it wont "kaboom" anymore than any other AR. i just removed the gas system. if i dont pull back on the charging handle,the lugs cant unlock from the barrel extension. in the AR platform the gas pushes the bolt back,when it moves back it unlocks the bolt face from the barrel extension and allows the bolt to travel reward. then as the bolt is pushes back the extractor removes the spent casing from the breach and the ejector,ejects the shell.
i have removed the gas system and now the bolt locks until it is manually pulled back..
i would say its almost impossible for it to "kaboom" as the barrel is more than strong enough to handle the pressure the round makes..
hope that helps with your understanding of how the system works..
Bob:boink::boink:

it wont "kaboom" anymore than any other AR. i just removed the gas system. if i dont pull back on the charging handle,the lugs cant unlock from the barrel extension. in the AR platform the gas pushes the bolt back,when it moves back it unlocks the bolt face from the barrel extension and allows the bolt to travel reward. then as the bolt is pushes back the extractor removes the spent casing from the breach and the ejector,ejects the shell.
i have removed the gas system and now the bolt locks until it is manually pulled back..
i would say its almost impossible for it to "kaboom" as the barrel is more than strong enough to handle the pressure the round makes..
hope that helps with your understanding of how the system works..
Bob:boink::boink:
I know how ar gas systems work, bubba.

You’ve got a hand tight barrel nut, and parts chopped and cracked. Normal stress parts or not, you’ve introduced some unknowns into that system. It may work flawlessly for you. At best you’ve got a stupid looking kind of free sketchy khyber pass style bubba gun we can laugh at. At worst, you’ve got a kaboom.

When I was growing up, most everyone had a Thompson Contender with a few bbls at least ! LOL

I think I still have 5 or 6 bbls maybe (?)

They are fun - Shooting a 30.06 or a .308 out of a 12 or 14” bbl ?? It kicks like a mule ! :heh:
The .223 would make a hella racket and flame a foot long but very little kick….all kinds of neat rounds to shoot out of them.

When I was growing up, most everyone had a Thompson Contender with a few bbls at least ! LOL

I think I still have 5 or 6 bbls maybe (?)

They are fun - Shooting a 30.06 or a .308 out of a 12 or 14” bbl ?? It kicks like a mule ! :heh:
The .223 would make a hella racket and flame a foot long but very little kick….all kinds of neat rounds to shoot out of them.
The loudest gun we have is a 7 1/2 inch AR15 with a cone. Loudest #%=+*^#^* I’ve ever heard lol.

The loudest gun we have is a 7 1/2 inch AR15 with a cone. Loudest #%=+*^#^* I’ve ever heard lol.
Yeah I can imagine ! There is something about the thump of them military .223 rounds. They don’t kick that much but out of a short bbl (my Contender bbl is 10” I think) it is a LOUD fire breathing dragon !! You would think a cannon is being popped off ! :heh:

I know how ar gas systems work, bubba.

You’ve got a hand tight barrel nut, and parts chopped and cracked. Normal stress parts or not, you’ve introduced some unknowns into that system. It may work flawlessly for you. At best you’ve got a stupid looking kind of free sketchy khyber pass style bubba gun we can laugh at. At worst, you’ve got a kaboom.
well i guess you do now. if you did know how one works,you would know that firing one round at a time does not require the barrel nut to be torqued. its not getting hammered. same as the little crack in the lower.
see
as i spend only one round before needing to manually cycle the action,very little stress is put on the parts.
in a semi auto configuration,the action cycles back and forth in a "violent" manner. that stress due to repeated cycles in a very short time will loosen parts not properly torqued..
as far as it looking stupid,you are one of the only people who have said that. i have had more offers than i can count from people wanting to buy it.
i guess its better to look stupid than to be stupid...
dang it,i forgot to call you Bubba...
oh well we cant all be "A" holes all the time... glad you got it covered for me.....

Back
Top Bottom