• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone had any experience with LabRadar Ballistic Velocity Doppler Radar Chronograph

Hmmm... there's another guy on here who said he and several other folks at Riverbend were having huge problems with each of theirs... that they couldn't get good readings off guns with muzzle brakes, even trying to shield them from the blast. I've been lusting after one of them myself, but his story gave me pause. Would love to hear more stories. I too have read good reviews from sources I trust... but I'm now suspicious.

Seems like the right solution though! The optical ones are finicky about lighting, don't work indoors, easy to accidentally shoot, and so on.
Any other experiences on the Labradar? Reviews and experiences range from "best thing since sliced bread" to "do not buy."

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I had one, it was a pain in the butt to set up. Go with a Magneto speed
When I run a chrono I am usually having to do multiple weapon systems all in one day so the magneto speed doesnt have the appeal to me that it may for some people. That's a shame about the Labradar, the potential is huge for that technology if they can get it worked out.

Cliff notes on gripes? I went down to the Shamrock Nationals in Dublin this year to observe and almost every single table (30+) had a radar unit set up. Those guys spend big bucks on gear but they don't buy a lot that doesn't work.

Cliff notes on gripes?.

1) You need to wait a second or two between shots or they will not register

2) Not really a gripe, but don't even waste time with AA's, get the rechargeable battery pack and thank me later

3) It can be finicky to aim at the target you're shooting. For now we've just been eyeballing it and getting by. First shot or two might not register because it was misaligned. Somebody over on castboolits forum is selling a 3D printed weaver mount for the LabRadar for like 30 bucks. Might be worth getting and mounting a little walmart rimfire or red dot on top of the LabRadar just to save time aligning it toward your target when setting up.

4) The interface is a little clunky, but plenty usable.

1) You need to wait a second or two between shots or they will not register

2) Not really a gripe, but don't even waste time with AA's, get the rechargeable battery pack and thank me later

3) It can be finicky to aim at the target you're shooting. For now we've just been eyeballing it and getting by. First shot or two might not register because it was misaligned. Somebody over on castboolits forum is selling a 3D printed weaver mount for the LabRadar for like 30 bucks. Might be worth getting and mounting a little walmart rimfire or red dot on top of the LabRadar just to save time aligning it toward your target when setting up.

4) The interface is a little clunky, but plenty usable.
If you only care about MV do most of these problems go away?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have problems aiming mine. Sometimes I sit it down and it reads every shot, sometimes I break position after every shot to try to get it to work. Unless you have a ton of money to spend, I would get a magneetospeed.

Back
Top Bottom