• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have a koi pond?

My neighbors down the road do.

I only saw one of their Koi.......when my dog brought part of it home.

That was a fun conversation and nice little chunk of change to replace. Luckily for me, the neighbor is pretty chill.
Dogs the older and larger they are the less they're worth. Koi on the other hand............You see your dog with a 3 foot Koi shoot the dog and say it was trespassing on your property =s not my dog.

What problems would you have?
Green algae grows on top of the water in direct sunlight. The fish poop and piss increases the green algae to the point you can't even see the fish. A proper filtration system and the correct bottom drains are going to run you 20 grand.

Your best bet if you got the cash and don't want a constant headache is call a professional and have it done properly. But I know. I thought I could do it myself as well.

For the love of all that is holy don't get ducks either.

Green algae grows on top of the water in direct sunlight. The fish poop and piss increases the green algae to the point you can't even see the fish. A proper filtration system and the correct bottom drains are going to run you 20 grand.

Your best bet if you got the cash and don't want a constant headache is call a professional and have it done properly. But I know. I thought I could do it myself as well.

For the love of all that is holy don't get ducks either.
Assuming the ducks ate all the plants and caused water nutrient spikes?

i did a bluegill aquaponics project with bok choy using a 100 gallon feeder system from tractor supply co

it was ugly but worked great. my friend made a turtle pond years ago but as others have pointed out your stuff will be fished out by wildlife (birds and raccoons are assholes)

i did a bluegill aquaponics project with bok choy using a 100 gallon feeder system from tractor supply co

it was ugly but worked great. my friend made a turtle pond years ago but as others have pointed out your stuff will be fished out by wildlife (birds and raccoons are assholes)
This is my idea in a round about way. Gonna use some of the water for gardening so it doesnt accumulate excess nutrients
I don't have one. I do have two pumps and a high dollar bead filter I should probably get rid of. Wife brought them home several years back.
Shoot me a PM with what you have. I'm definately interested

1651184097909.png
I have a fish pond but they aren’t koi. Feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom