• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have a s&w 500 mag?? Need reviews

ch035

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
So I have some gun money burning a hole in my pocket. I have Owned many guns over the years and I want something different this time. I ran across a smith 4" 500 mag and I just gotta have it. I have shot 454 casuls but doing you YouTube searching the 500s have quite a bit more power. I don't want one with an 8 in barrel. What is a good price for a 4". What is the interchangeable thing on the barrel. What have u shot with yours? Any pics? How accurate are they and is the recoil that bad? Anyone know of one for sale?

TBurnham has one, but he hasn't been heard from in a while. I think his is a 6" or 8" I'm not sure. I do know he loves the one he has, says it's very accurate and quite a handfull. I saw one on here a couple of weeks ago in 4", sure was a nice looking piece. I wish I had the $$$ to get one myself.....one of these days I might have to sell my Python and get one...who am I kidding, I wouldn't sell that Python for anything. Besides, my youngest son would never forgive me if I did, he's already put his claim on it when I die! LOL! Try sending a PM to TBurnham about it and maybe he'll reply. Good luck.

I do not own one, but did fire 10 rounds through a friend of mine's S&W 500. This was a year or so back and I believe it had a ported barrel. I was aprehensive, but I did not believe the recoil was as bad as the recoil from my S&W 29-2 44 mag. It was quite a handful as I remember, but after the first shot or two, no problem with accuracy. I liked it, but the price has kept me from buying. Can't remember more about the weapon, we shot six different weapons that day.

I have one but it has the 8 3/8" barrel. I love mine. It has a pretty good amount of recoil but the barrel doesn't rise very much. It mainly comes straight back to you. I have never shot a 4" 500 but and don't think I want to!

.....one of these days I might have to sell my Python and get one...who am I kidding, I wouldn't sell that Python for anything. Besides, my youngest son would never forgive me if I did, he's already put his claim on it when I die! LOL!

It ain't just the kids you gotta worry about if you get rid of it! LOL!

I couldn't find the thread, but Tburnham has a video of him shooting that hawgleg. I'll keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom