• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have a super short Ruger

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a super short Ruger? I would love some input before starting a smilar project.

shawty.jpg

Nope, but I imagine you'd get tons of powder fouling in the can unless you were using the Aquila Colibri/SuperColibri ammo, but then it likely wouldn't cycle the action.

Anyone have any experience with a super short Ruger? I would love some input before starting a smilar project.

View attachment 1846992
Didn't Chad from iraqivet8888 do something just like that? Something with an inch or inch and a half long barrel? I think they have a video on it.

I had a 4" barreled Ruger MKIII, and it was much less accurate than the 5" and 6" barreled versions I'd owned before. And it's not just due to the sight radius-- I mounted optics on all these guns and tested them across sandbags, too.

I don't think I would be happy with the accuracy of a Ruger .22 pistol that only had a 1.5" barrel and a 5" silencer.

The length of my AAC suppressor on the end of my 5" barreled Buck Mark doesn't bother me.

IMG_0620.JPG

Pic of my cousin shooting my suppressed Buck Mark a few years ago.

22/45 lite with 4.4" barrel, groups 2-3" at 25 yards. I wish it was more accurate, so now I'm looking to get a Mark IV target. A couple inches vs better accuracy, accuracy wins for me. But I would love to turn that Mark IV Target into a Sicario!
IMG_5712.jpg

Back
Top Bottom