• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have any experience with Panzer Arms AR12?

After taking a class this summer with an instructor, and maufactorer builder, who has been in the business for 3 decades, I will never put money into a cheap AR again. It's only a problem waiting to happen.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

After taking a class this summer with an instructor, and maufactorer builder, who has been in the business for 3 decades, I will never put money into a cheap AR again. It's only a problem waiting to happen.

That's not what this is. It is a shotgun designed around the AR platform.

This is a 12g shotgun on an AR platform... it is not ann AR 15....

That's not what this is. It is a shotgun designed around the AR platform.
My point is its cheaply built. You get what you pay for, and I learned in that class just how poorly built these cheap guns are made. I was shocked how many issues he found wrong with mine. I would be even more concerned with a shotgun poorly built on an AR platform.

My point is its cheaply built. You get what you pay for, and I learned in that class just how poorly built these cheap guns are made. I was shocked how many issues he found wrong with mine. I would be even more concerned with a shotgun poorly built on an AR platform.

Some of the Turkish made firearms are quite good, others, not so much.

There are lots of low quality AR parts floating round that Turkish manufacturers won't even use. But everyone wants "a deal" on ARs and parts.

I have examined several late model "made in Turkey" firearms, and they are fine. I have also examined several "made in USA" by known name brands that are poor, bordering on unsafe. Search on recent gun recalls if you want some concrete examples.

US labor rates long ago ran lots of manufacturing off shore, Turkey attracted a lot of gun manufacturing.

I get the, "you get what you pay for", but that is why I am asking for anyone that has put hands on one to comment. SAIGA AND VEPR are expensive because they are a niche market (and deal with import ban issues at times) and can be expensive.
As an example, I can get a FNX or FNP 9mm for $350 and they shoot EVERY bit as well as a $500 Glock (sorry Glock fanboys). High price does not always dictate quality....
Again, does anyone have FIRST HAND knpwledge of these...

I hear ya, but I don't agree on the Russian made AKs, they and Bulgarian made weapons tend to be well built, but the ban may affect cost some. Anyway not to argue here. I don't know anything about Turkish products, but sounds good.

For me, since I took that class, and saw the issues first hand, the only First Hand knowledge would be from someone who has broken it down to check the staking, part quality, proper tightening, etc. For me, I'll pay for quality parts and manufacturing, instead of taking chances on cheap products.

Speaking of great handguns for a good price, check out the new line of Canik 9mm's. They shoot and feel great in hand, better than FN imho. I'm a CZ guy, but I have friends who bought the latest Canik.

Back
Top Bottom