• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have one of these yet?Remington’s R51 Is It all True?

AceTracker

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   2
Reaction score
R51-tt-bw-834x469.jpg

https://loadoutroom.com/45112/remin...utm_medium=linkedin&utm_campaign=sumome_share

I have an original Remington 51 in 380. Made around 1919. The box and paperwork are reproduction. I haven't seen one of the new ones yet.

51 remington 1.jpg

When first introduced in 2014, Remington had a lot of issues with the R51 and issued a voluntarily recall.

Remington offered unsatisfied R51 consumers three options: First, they could accept the aforementioned return in exchange for a new R51, with two extra magazines, and a Pelican case. Second, they could exchange their R51 for a 1911 R1 at no additional cost. Third, they could return their R51 for a refund at the full-suggested retail price.

Remington went back to market with the R51 in 2016. I have not heard of any issues with these newer versions. I have shot one owned by a student and it shot well and accurately.

When first introduced in 2014, Remington had a lot of issues with the R51 and issued a voluntarily recall.

Remington offered unsatisfied R51 consumers three options: First, they could accept the aforementioned return in exchange for a new R51, with two extra magazines, and a Pelican case. Second, they could exchange their R51 for a 1911 R1 at no additional cost. Third, they could return their R51 for a refund at the full-suggested retail price.

Remington went back to market with the R51 in 2016. I have not heard of any issues with these newer versions. I have shot one owned by a student and it shot well and accurately.

That would have been a no brainer!

Back
Top Bottom