• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have pics of their 45-70 sbl?

UgaKidd7

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
21   0
Reaction score
IMG_3380.JPG
so I picked up a marlin 1895 sbl a few weeks ago. Got to looking around and checking the stock and it did not look finished. Almost like they cut it straight and never rounded it out. I've seen other people with the same complaints. I contacted marlin and they sent me a new front and rear stock and it is the same way. Contacted them again and they're wanting me to send the whole rifle in to be fitted which Is a load of crap. I see no reason whatsoever to send the whole rifle in to fix a stock when they have several rifles there. I could see if it needed mechanical work but for just the stock makes no sense

Your problem is Remington and not Marlin. Lower your expectations or finish it yourself is the only real option.
This^^^^^^ I have an 1895G Guide Gun, granted it's not exactly the same as the SBL but basically the same rifle. Mine was made in 1999, JM stamped with a walnut stock and the quality of my rifle compared to the newer Marlins I've seen is clearly noticeable. My stock is rounded off nicely by the way. I worked with a guy several years ago who had one of the 1895G's made after Remington took over and he had to send his rifle back at least once, maybe twice to fix something on it.

I couldn't find a JM stamped at the time wish I could have. I have seen some of the newer remlins actually have the rounded end. I really just think their QC is the worst I've ever seen. Idk why there has not been some type of law suit against them or if there has I haven't heard about it

I couldn't find a JM stamped at the time wish I could have. I have seen some of the newer remlins actually have the rounded end. I really just think their QC is the worst I've ever seen. Idk why there has not been some type of law suit against them or if there has I haven't heard about it
They should have sent you the stocks rounded off like they're supposed to be. Really though the rifle should have been right to begin with. Somebody at that place needs a good ass kickin'! I like the way you called em' "remlin", that's pretty funny. First time I've heard that I think. Lol

Back
Top Bottom