• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have to remedy Duramags??

Agreed I already have maybe 30 GEN two and Gen three Pmags so I figured I was gonna try something different but at least I only ordered three of them. I like the look of them because I can do distressed paint or whatever but if they don’t work then what the hell are we even talking about. AMIRITE?
Oh yeah. I understand that. I like aluminum mags for paint and cerakote. Polymer just doesn't allow for that same smooth look. Aluminum/steel Just looks better. I buy the Brownells aluminum mags. They work well enough.

PhotoRoom-20220819_194834.png

Ya ya do! I want to do a whole distressed look on my 12.5”. I’m putting on a 14.5 when it comes in and pin/weld it. Then paint it up!! Since you ain’t ready 😈

I never had any trouble with mil spec mags. But I did have a Bushmaster that came with P mags. The P mags worked well in the bushmaster, but the mil mags wouldn't cycle the 4th round in the rifle. I always had Colt ARs and never had a problem

In the USMC testing, the only mags that were out-performed by the “enhanced” metal mags were Lancers. Even M2 PMags out-performed metal mags. M3 PMags out-performed the M2’s, and placed first.

IIRC, the Corps tested 6 magazines. PMag M3’s placed first, and the PMag M2’s placed second. Lancer’s placed 6th. Various metal mags placed 3rd-5th.

2B0014AF-86C5-4E83-9F46-E9CB75956F05.jpeg

32A1A0E6-F568-4158-A963-7B3EBF4C17BC.jpeg

Somebody get this man a pmag

I run a bunch of different mags for training. It’s gotten to the point where I almost exclusively use the metal USGI mags I have at the range because they all have issues. I’ll beat the **** out of them while my pmags can sit spoiled at home. Pmags are so easy to get, cheap, and work well.

I started using PMag’s for my AR’s around 2007. I still have my original “Gen1” PMags I bought back then, which are all mixed in with my dedicated training mags.

I recently found that I had a crack in one of my Gen1 PMags. Mag was still functioning just fine, I only noticed the crack while reloading it. Magpul will swap it for a brand new one, if I ever get around to sending it to them.

That mag has been in constant use since sometime prior to 2009. The rest of the mags I bought at that time are still chugging along.

It was around 2011 that I finished dumping all my metal AR mags and went completely over to PMags. I use a mix of first gen and M2 mags for my training mags, and M3’s for my “carry“ mags.

Back
Top Bottom