• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here buy stocks?

What do y’all look at when deciding what stocks to get?

Depends....
for 401k if I feel the market is a runner up I go with growth and value. Moving back to balanced and index funds when I suspect turbulence which is where I’m at now.

For Roth - pure REITS for the nice dividend returns

For non-taxable account (ie personal acct/broker account) I try to keep most in dividend stocks that sport 4% or better dividends and have good history of continued growth. I also play into some downtrodden dividend givers like right now Ford and GE. Ford not so sure, GE they’re not going anywhere worst case they sell off portions and I gather new stock positions.

The other 5-10% I daytrade or swing based on technical indicators

Without going to a broker how do you buy stock? Say I wanted to buy $1000 worth of Ruger stock what do I do? What company do I go with? Is it like opening a checking account where you transfer money in and then pick what you want to buy and how much?
I have. No fee and i use robin hood..i have put a few grand in and been having a good time

I usually am a reader and not a writer, but here it goes...

I buy and sell stocks (mostly buy) in E-Trade. I have land also, and rental houses, and PM's....
Try to do a lot of research and don't get in a hurry. There's always good deals(stocks and land) out there. Just tough finding them (and realizing it before the other guy) and having the guts to pull the trigger when you think you've found one. In my experience, you often make your money more on the PURCHASE of land and stocks, not just the sale.
Diversify!! And do something with your money that you can make more money and have fun doing it.
Well, it's worked for me, but I might be lucky.

Have fun.
this. Said what I didnt want to type. Lazarus Lazarus you should also look into Roth.

Robinhood really had a great impact though. Them and Tastytrade were doing commission free trades long before anyone else. Now, every major brokerage offers commission free trading. That’s truly awesome for seasoned investors, but potentially an absolute disaster for new traders.

Robinhood really had a great impact though. Them and Tastytrade were doing commission free trades long before anyone else. Now, every major brokerage offers commission free trading. That’s truly awesome for seasoned investors, but potentially an absolute disaster for new traders.

My broker (IB) even went with a "Zero Commission" version, but you lose some of the necessary bells and whistles... I will stay with the full version. Free is not always the best...

Man, yesterday was a great day to be sitting on cash! Been waiting on that since early January. Coronavirus was just the excuse the market needed to fill that gap left back in December.

Webull is another up and coming zero commission trades app/site. I've had Robinhood and TD Ameritrade for awhile but I'm liking the Webull set up. Better charts and info than Robinhood has, but still free trades. You can't do options on it yet but for stocks it's great. Plus they're doing the free stocks if you sign up, another free stock if you fund your account, and 3 free stocks if you get somebody else to sign up...

Back
Top Bottom