• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here buy stocks?

I've used eTrade forever. They are probably the 800 lb gorilla in the online market, and have always worked well for me. They can even do IRAs and such, and they make year-end reporting pretty simple.

Without going to a broker how do you buy stock? Say I wanted to buy $1000 worth of Ruger stock what do I do? What company do I go with? Is it like opening a checking account where you transfer money in and then pick what you want to buy and how much?
Any online service (eTrade, ScotTrade, etc...) is easy to set up an account and trade.
Do not put one dollar more into individual stocks than your are willing to lose every single cent of. That should be "play/gambling" money only.

Picking individual stocks is almost like gambling unless your warren Buffett. Instead, open up an account at vanguard to purchase index mutual funds. You can literally buy a piece of the entire stock market with one fund and just buy as much as you want as you go. The account is free, buying and selling is free, it's easy.

When it comes to investing, always go simple and easy. Statistically, you will come out ahead over time by buying the market rather than timing the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom