• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here buy stocks?

Look at some of the online traders, etrade,scotts.. I use them as my play accounts, just beware that sometimes when buying or selling at the market is risky unless you have to sell. I always advise limit trades. Also online is tough to be a day trader.
Trading stocks is legalized gambling

Gold and silver, even copper have a 6000 year history as being a veritable store of value and trusted as "real" money. There is no fiat currency in history that has lasted longer than about 45 years. Our USD went full fiat in 1971. hmmm..lets see, that's about 45 years. all the worlds fiat currencies are in a race to the bottom. The USD is loosing the race and is propagandized as being strong.

A private individual, will probably lose his money investing in paper run-of-the mill stocks. The market is artificially stacked against you. One has to speculate these days. I think your best move will be to invest in our family's future by stocking up on food, water, home defense, and some silver.

Just trying to diversify. Not looking to make a ton of money doing it.

Best bet then is one of the 'index' funds. They buy a bunch of different stocks, bundle them together and then sell shares based on that mix. For example you can get an 'index' of the Dow Jones that has the same stocks and ion theory, tracks how that does. Since you probably don;t have the cash to buy a reasonable number of these stocks individually, this is a good way to diversify and spread the risks out.

You can get index funds based on lots of different things, currencies, commodities, bonds, etc. In general the overall market gives a better return than any individual stock over time and an index fund id a way to participate in that while staying reasonably diversified.

Max out your 401k if you have a company match, if not put max in a Roth, then 401 then Ira. Land is a good investment for the right price. If you do a Roth go vanguard Wellington and wellsely fund. Retired at 54, eh what do I know.(never looked back and no regrets)

Max out your 401k if you have a company match, if not put max in a Roth, then 401 then Ira. Land is a good investment for the right price. If you do a Roth go vanguard Wellington and wellsely fund. Retired at 54, eh what do I know.(never looked back and no regrets)

Could retire now (60), but I am having too much fun.... And making plenty while having fun....

At a minimum, everyone should participate in their employer's 401... At least to get the company match... Free money.... Max out you contribution if you are able.... You will not regret it in the long term.

Back
Top Bottom