• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here buy stocks?

At these levels? Are you kidding me? Stocks are more overvalued now than any time in history. For example, the S&P has risen 75% since 1.1.12. In that same time frame, S&P earnings have risen 2%. Do yourself a favor and buy physical PMs, while they are still beaten down.
WHEN IT GETS BLOODY IN THE STREETS AND EVERYONE IS SELLING TIME TO BUY JUST BUY GOOD DIV PAYING STOCKS

Two questions:

1 ) does ODT have the investing forum up yet?
2) What book or course recommendations do you have to improve investing knowledge. Mostly interested in stock investing.

You are going to bet waaay better information on a investing forum like Bogleheads vs ODT.

The book depends on you background level of knowledge. If you only read one book, I would probably recommend Bernstein's The Four Pillars of Investing.

You are going to bet waaay better information on a investing forum like Bogleheads vs ODT.

The book depends on you background level of knowledge. If you only read one book, I would probably recommend Bernstein's The Four Pillars of Investing.

I spend lots of time on SeekingAlpha.com .... Some great information and helpful folks...

I always found day trading to be a hard thing to do, this is why I helped myself with this world class trading-software: https://tradersclub24.de/
tenor (3).gif

I like land as an investment. At least you can use and enjoy your investment as it matures. Put your money in something like stocks and you never see it until you cash out. If ever. Good to be well rounded though. Not all eggs in one basket. However, world population ever increasing. Amount of land remains static. It is a long term investment but as I said at least you can enjoy it with the family while your money is tied up in it. Stock market over valued right now in my humble, non professional opinion. Investing now is like waiting till gold gets to 1800 an ounce then thinking it's good to buy. Buy low sell high. I'm sure there are some good bets out there in the stock market but for us peons it's worse than gambling. Finding a solid investment with an after fees/taxes return higher than the rate of inflation is pretty difficult. Just my 2 cents.

Disclaimer......I'm in real estate and specialize in acreage so my opinion may be a bit biased :)

Back
Top Bottom