• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here buy stocks?

images
you don't need a broker here.

Hope OP got in the game and with a strategy, discipline and some luck.

It’s been two years - time for a SITREP.

My guess is it has been hard to lose money in that period. Unless maybe you hit the panic button in December.
Back then Apple was as low as 142. A company flush with cash, a cult following and 5g on the horizon. I bagged me some at 144 and let it go at 199. Good times right here.

Should have, could have sold for more? Whatever. My Strategy was to make 25% in 6 months or less and then dump it. I don’t like to follow the daily drama of these things.

Of course your cash may have already been tied up in pedestrian stocks when December happened.
Them’s the breaks.

May buy me some Cannabis next. It’s been a few years, but it’ll be different this time. How times have changed.

Podcast recommendation
Cocktail Investing

My guess is it has been hard to lose money in that period. Unless maybe you hit the panic button in December.
Back then Apple was as low as 142. A company flush with cash, a cult following and 5g on the horizon. I bagged me some at 144 and let it go at 199. Good times right here.

Should have, could have sold for more? Whatever. My Strategy was to make 25% in 6 months or less and then dump it. I don’t like to follow the daily drama of these things.

Of course your cash may have already been tied up in pedestrian stocks when December happened.
Them’s the breaks.

May buy me some Cannabis next. It’s been a few years, but it’ll be different this time. How times have changed.

Podcast recommendation
Cocktail Investing
I was too busy with the holidays to do anything in December - now I wish I had bought ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Debated Apple around 160 on its way back up. I'd say its good right now at 185!

If you have a crystal ball let me know when to buy Tesla and Amazon.

I was too busy with the holidays to do anything in December - now I wish I had bought ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Debated Apple around 160 on its way back up. I'd say its good right now at 185!

If you have a crystal ball let me know when to buy Tesla and Amazon.

December was very rough... If you held through it, you should have come out OK during Q1.... Me Options sucked in Dec, but was fine otherwise..

Them’s the breaks.

Podcast recommendation
Cocktail Investing
I hear alot of hype with the pot stocks

2 problems with them and why i wouldn't invest

1) subject to law plus standard market forces with produce supply (think crops susceptible to fire and drought)

2) once pot is federally legal and laws wont apply as much, big tabacco will come in and murder any start up (or buy out which could be good)

1) subject to law plus standard market forces with produce supply (think crops susceptible to fire and drought)

2) once pot is federally legal and laws wont apply as much, big tabacco will come in and murder any start up (or buy out which could be good)

In my mind, the Pot Stocks are for short term trading, not longer term investing.... They are very volatile.

In my mind, the Pot Stocks are for short term trading, not longer term investing.... They are very volatile.
That would make the most sense

Keep in mind I personally am super risk adverse and dont care for now will I offer advice on day trading or short runs. There can be alot of money made there but I don't know mych about short game earnings and view it much like a game of financial hot potato

I agree with you on both points. But the US is not the whole story. Look to our neighbors to the north. Look back to prohibition. Distribution is not up to the demand yet. It probably will be in a couple of years. M&A will likely happen especially if the US market opens up.

No I don’t have a crystal ball.
No I don’t put all my eggs in one basket.
No I don’t consume that product nor profess its benefits..

I do look for disruptive change and reasonable risk.

Cocktail investing podcast #102 is relevant.

I agree with you on both points. But the US is not the whole story. Look to our neighbors to the north. Look back to prohibition. Distribution is not up to the demand yet. It probably will be in a couple of years. M&A will likely happen especially if the US market opens up.

No I don’t have a crystal ball.
No I don’t put all my eggs in one basket.
No I don’t consume that product nor profess its benefits..

I do look for disruptive change and reasonable risk.

Cocktail investing podcast #102 is relevant.
I agree mostly except with your supply demand evaluation

It is an illegal product; this by definition is a commodity largely distributed via black market; assumptions about supply and demand are wide variables given no official accounting exists unless . So unless you are a grower or seller the market is a huge unknown from this stand point

Leads me to point out a valuable financial lesson: only accept advice from an expert in that field. I wont pretend to know the ins and outs of jazz cabbage but unless you are ingrained in the market then you should disregard assumptions regarding supply and demand. The same holds true for any company/industry but i know what for instance amazon sells, how they do it, who their customer base is, and i can review past earnings, performance and business models......drug dealers dont make that stuff public

To be fair, I’m looking beyond our borders and favoring an ETF vs. any one company’s stock. For example, I believe Canada has legalized both recreational and medicinal use.
I expect volatility and may lose. It’s definitely not for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom