• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here Freedive or Spearfish?

Burdy

Default rank 5000+ posts
ODT Co-Founder
Forum Owner
260   0
Reaction score
Would be nice to have a buddy in Ga. All my spearfishing/freedive buddies live states away so we can't get together often. I just received my Level 1 freediving certification and would like to be able to get in the water more often but I won't go without a buddy.

I was a divemaster for 20 years, but had both hips replaced because of too many deep dives, so I took my 20 and got out...just had my first hip revision ( my hips have been recalled) lucky me, but what I can bring to the table is a kick ass set of fins, maybe a mask or 2..not for sale, for me or u, must use them!..I’m in the 30157

I used to free dive, alone, to 100ft or so on occasion, in the 60's and 70's in Hawaii, California, and in locations traveled on a 5 year sailing trip. Until now I have never heard of "freediving certification".

I used to free dive, alone, to 100ft or so on occasion, in the 60's and 70's in Hawaii, California, and in locations traveled on a 5 year sailing trip. Until now I have never heard of "freediving certification".
There is a snorkeling cert,I’m thinking he means basic open water

There is a snorkeling cert,I’m thinking he means basic open water
No, there are specific SSI freediving certs now. You can contact the Dive Shop in Marietta, Ga for details. The freedive instructor Aghalie is great, you will have pool sessions at the shop and the final open water free diving cert is performed at Loch Low-Minn Quarry in Athens, TN.

I was a divemaster for 20 years, but had both hips replaced because of too many deep dives, so I took my 20 and got out...just had my first hip revision ( my hips have been recalled) lucky me, but what I can bring to the table is a kick ass set of fins, maybe a mask or 2..not for sale, for me or u, must use them!..I’m in the 30157
What causes the hips to go in deep diving?

What causes the hips to go in deep diving?
Too much nitrogen...a vascular narcosis= no blood flow to the bone, when I started diving the dive tables were set at 60 foot for 60 minutes...oops, maybe that’s why my arms always seemed to itch!..At any rate I just had my third put in, on the mends for it too..and no I do not have 3 legs..lol

Too much nitrogen...a vascular narcosis= no blood flow to the bone, when I started diving the dive tables were set at 60 foot for 60 minutes...oops, maybe that’s why my arms always seemed to itch!..At any rate I just had my third put in, on the mends for it too..and no I do not have 3 legs..lol
Wow, man I am sorry.

Back
Top Bottom