• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here shoot IDPA?

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
im thinking of trying out the next match at Cherokee Gun Club in august. I think it's an all classifier match?
I want to shoot my Glock 19 in CCP. Anyone wanna go or give me some pointers? I think I have all the gear. Proper holster and mag pouches and 5 mags.

I have shot it a few times. I concentrate on making the hits. I strive for a zero on the stage. And I just let the time fall where it will. The way I look at it, I'm old and slow, so running around like speedy Gonzales just doesn't work for me. But, if I make all my hits, I usually beat some of the speeders. I just do it for fun.

Just watch and learn, ask any questions you have. People are happy to help.

Get on the cherokee website and sign up for the monthly email update for the IDPA match. They usually send the stage setup a week before and they are trying to get everyone to register and squad online before the match. Just started doing it, like everyone else has said, go slow and make the hits. Easy to focus on the buzzer more than one should.

I Don't Practice Anymore....IDPA. I used to shoot them, in Carrol county. Really enjoyed shooting them with my Dad. He got to where he just couldn't do it anymore, and I just stopped going without him. I h ave been toying with going again...

The landfill...I think it's Carrol county. The youth range...May have been Harralson county....Exit 11 off of I 20, then west a few miles....

im thinking of trying out the next match at Cherokee Gun Club in august. I think it's an all classifier match?
I want to shoot my Glock 19 in CCP. Anyone wanna go or give me some pointers? I think I have all the gear. Proper holster and mag pouches and 5 mags.

take sun screen, water, ball cap and have fun. Dress comfortably. My first IDPA event I had the only leather holster for my G19 at the match and didn't realize everyone was using Kydex. I had fun but quickly learned what I needed to get before the next IDPA match. Remember safety, safety and safety. If you do something wrong the Safety Officer will tell you. Shooting the qualifier is pretty easy and you'll have fun. Go to the Gun Clubs webpage or to the IDPA web page and get a copy of the rule book, if you join IDPA they will send you the book along with the qualifier cards and your membership packet.

Have FUN!!!!

take sun screen, water, ball cap and have fun. Dress comfortably. My first IDPA event I had the only leather holster for my G19 at the match and didn't realize everyone was using Kydex. I had fun but quickly learned what I needed to get before the next IDPA match. Remember safety, safety and safety. If you do something wrong the Safety Officer will tell you. Shooting the qualifier is pretty easy and you'll have fun. Go to the Gun Clubs webpage or to the IDPA web page and get a copy of the rule book, if you join IDPA they will send you the book along with the qualifier cards and your membership packet.

Have FUN!!!!
Rules, rules, and safety is the main issue with IDPA. They don't want anyone hurt, so its very strict. Think safety, and understand the rules, or you'll be disqualified instantly. And yes, have fun. Its a competitive shoot, but if you're not having fun, then its too competitive.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom