• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here shoot IDPA?

I would give USPSA a burn, IDPA/GADPA is not my cup of tea. Too many fishing vests.
I'm with you on IDPA aka, Tactical Fishing Association... but GADPA is far less cumbersome. I find it a refreshing mix of the premise of IDPA, with the faster pace of the USPSA game. With the summer heat of Georgia... I'm all about the fewest layers possible... so tossing on a concealment garment... even if it's only a vest... is a no-go for me.

With that said... I'm shooting more USPSA now than anything.

IDPA is rule heavy. Both on the equipment and the shooting process. Usually only 1-2 ways you can shoot a stage and remain within their rules/stage briefing.

GADPA is the least rule specific on the guns... and slightly less than IDPA on the shooting process. A good mix like I said.

USPSA is rule heavy on the equipment divisions, but the shooting process is totally freestyle for the most part. You can shoot most USPSA stages (less classifiers) any way you like.

The vest makes vaginas hate you for life. Don't do it!

Also, be calm but drink a six ounce Mexican Sugar Coca Cola before the match.

All I got man.

The vest makes vaginas hate you for life. Don't do it!

Also, be calm but drink a six ounce Mexican Sugar Coca Cola before the match.

All I got man.
When in Mexico, do as the Mexicans do.. lol. Nothing wrong with the tac vest, imho. I think they are 'liked', because they are a fast to uncover, cover garment.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Tried both, USPSA way more fun
th.jpg

When in Mexico, do as the Mexicans do.. lol. Nothing wrong with the tac vest, imho. I think they are 'liked', because they are a fast to uncover, cover garment.

I just can't get over the "cover garment" concept, but I carry a Glock 19 in a t-shirt. That being said, there's always something to be said for playing along and keeping a learning mindset.

Yeah, I agree. Not sure why that 'cover garment' rule is there. It definitely adds a step to slow down your draw time. Maybe they want it to be more lifetime realistic since most don't carry open. Idk.

This I do know. Swinging a tactical vest is much easier/faster than lifting a shirt. It mimics a jacket I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom