• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here shoot IDPA?

Yeah, I agree. Not sure why that 'cover garment' rule is there. It definitely adds a step to slow down your draw time. Maybe they want it to be more lifetime realistic since most don't carry open. Idk.

This I do know. Swinging a tactical vest is much easier/faster than lifting a shirt. It mimics a jacket I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I don't bother with any "defensive" pistol matches to have any degree of realism. Otherwise... why have different divisions.

If your revolver or 1911 is "just as good" as the polymer pistols... then you shouldn't segregate yourself.

I carry appendix... which none of these matches allow.. so I'd rather spend my "defensive" time on pistol classes.. that actually give me some reps carrying what I carry, in the manner that I carry.

So "for me"... IDPA is a waste.

I don't bother with any "defensive" pistol matches to have any degree of realism. Otherwise... why have different divisions.

If your revolver or 1911 is "just as good" as the polymer pistols... then you shouldn't segregate yourself.

I carry appendix... which none of these matches allow.. so I'd rather spend my "defensive" time on pistol classes.. that actually give me some reps carrying what I carry, in the manner that I carry.

So "for me"... IDPA is a waste.
Yeah, I understand that.

Hey J, I gotta question. I'll pm you so not to clog up the thread.

USPSA time tomorrow.

Good luck to those of you goin fishin :cool:

IMG_9838.JPG

So I shot 1 IDPA match and it was ok........then I shot the USPSA match at RBGC yesterday and wow that was fun!!!!! I'm hooked
Did you like USPSA better?

I've shot some indoor range GADPA &IDPA, and one outdoor GADPA.

So I shot 1 IDPA match and it was ok........then I shot the USPSA match at RBGC yesterday and wow that was fun!!!!! I'm hooked
Yesterday was a stellar match.

8 stages is basically a GA State match.

Had several GM and M level shooters there.

All for $20.

Can't beat that.

Weather was pleasant too.

Back
Top Bottom