• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Kayak Fish Carters Lake?

troutman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
53   0
Reaction score
My so and I want to kayak fish Carters, but are not sure where to go. Any suggestions? Maybe even somewhere you boat guys fish close to where you put in.

Thanks

Go to the main lake and not the re-reg. Guys at work did good getting into where the river comes in. I'd have to ask them what they used.

Beerman Beerman , meet us at Ridgeway boat ramp on Saturday morning. I've been there before, so that's where we're gonna start.

But, I'm still open to suggestions from anybody that fishes there often. Bypass Bypass , any suggestions?
The water is down a lot right now and the bass aren't biting. I would give it another month before I went if I really wanted to catch some fish. Ridgeway is a beautiful area though if you just want to get out on the water. At the boat ramp facing the water head to your right and up to the creek when the water is up. That is a neat little area.

That being said the last time I went I did get two bites even with the water being down. I think one was a catfish though. The catfish in that lake will hit artificial lures meant for bass. To date my largest bass was 3 lbs 15 ozs. Lost count of the number of bass and bream caught there. On artificial lures I have caught 3 channel cats two crappie and a striper and a carp along with a ton of bass and bream.

The water is down a lot right now and the bass aren't biting. I would give it another month before I went if I really wanted to catch some fish. Ridgeway is a beautiful area though if you just want to get out on the water. At the boat ramp facing the water head to your right and up to the creek when the water is up. That is a neat little area.

Thanks for the info.

Going to have to give Carters a try with my kayak too. I LOVE catching bream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom